Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glancing at the approximate trade-in value of my 99 SC1 ($1000-$1800) and the private sale value ($3500+), I'm thinking about putting an ad in the paper if I can't bully the dealer into taking it for 3k...

Does anyone have experience selling cars through the paper/internet/etc?

·
Registered
683 Posts
You are always going to get a better private party VS trade in. Unless like in my case they gave me blue book trade in for my truck, and discounted theirs an aditional $3,000 to make up the diference,

Also when i went to nissan and traded in an Xtera for a Altima, we were hagling like motherfu*kers, i just gave up and said thank you for your time, the guy chased me out to the parking lot and said "how about retail for retail" SO i ended getting $5,00 extra for mine and paying $2,00 more for theirs.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It just depends how long you want to wait. There is a 95ish Saturn SL up the road from my house that has been there for sale, for $2,300, for about 6 months now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You have to sell it in accordance with the "income" of the area. If it is a lower priced area, asking too much will not get it sold. On the other hand, if you live in a richer part of town, they'll just turn up their noses. "It is a Saturn, after all." Some people are just clueless. Anyway, location has a lot to do with it. I just sold my beat up 94 SL1 a few minutes for 1k. Fuel economy is what they were looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts