Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the transmission will grind going into 2nd, which tells me more than likely the synchronizer is bad. Now I looked but couldn't find any kits for the transmission. My question is that is there even a kit for a rebuild? Cause I figured I could beef it up a little and install the Limited Slip while I'm in there. Or should I just not waste my time and just a Transmission with the Limited Slip and replace the whole thing? :shrug03:

·
Registered
885 Posts
The F35 trans is pretty weak so it's common for the synchros to fail. It's easier just to buy a nice used one than to spend the money trying to rebuild it. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can find an LSD trans here: Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The F35 trans is pretty weak so it's common for the synchros to fail. It's easier just to buy a nice used one than to spend the money trying to rebuild it. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can find an LSD trans here: Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Ahhh, so what is the difference between the f35 and the mu3? cause i though the redlines only came with the mu3

·
Registered
885 Posts
The MU3 references the 3.82 final drive ratio in the 2008+ Cobalts. The 04-07 Redlines actually have the MC2 4.05 final drive.

Be careful that due to model year changes, the 04 trans only works in the 2004 RL. The 05-07 trans are interchangeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts