Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in for a few minor things...alignment after lowering the car and fixing the passenger window. While we were there, they checked and fixed the intercooler pump wiring and they applied another ECU update.

Good stuff. Car is happy, and so am I.

Saturn of Daytona and Saturn of Orlando both rock.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
My trip to the service garage was also a good one today (though I lost the use of my car of 6 hours...weee). It was for the camshaft sensor seal thingy recall. The only thing that has got me a little frustrated is now my check engine light is on. This will be addressed tomorrow as I started my car 5 times to see if it would go away (I may try disconnecting it and maybe it'll reset itself). I can't really blame this on them as this is the 1st RL they have done (though, I thought it'd be quicker, I do relize the car has to cool before they can even begin work, but still). Though I am interested to know if any of you had this problem?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
took them 2 hours to do the cam postion sensor, the gasket thing and the PCM recall all in one sitting. Even though it was only 2 hours I still got a rental.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I didn't ask for one, I went car shopping with my grandma (for her of course). It was actually quite fun looking at small 4 door cars. Though I am still thinking about that check engine light.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saturn was busy today

Looks like quite a few people were getting work done today. I got the recall, the intercooler pump wireing and the trunk scratches all taken care of today. Got a loaner for the day so all was good. To make it better my K&N Intake arrived this evening so I will be installing that this week.....

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
what did you tell them about the trunk scratches.

what was there response?

·
Registered
425 Posts
SilverRedLine04 said:
what did you tell them about the trunk scratches.

what was there response?
I told them I had trunk scratches and showed them the TSB for it. They confirmed the scratching and installed the 3 rubber bumpers. they managed to polish the scratches out.

TSB#05-08-62-001 (Apr 26, 2005)
Rear Fascia Paint/Finish Scratching or Scuffing (Install Rubber Bumpers) -
2003-2005 Saturn ION Vehicles

Condition:Customers may comment on scratch or scuff type marks on the top surface of the rear fascia directly below and in line with the decklid appliqué.

Cause:The scuffs may be caused by decklid "over-travel" during closing of the decklid. If the decklid is closed with excessive effort, the decklid appliqué may contact the fascia.

Correction:Install 3 rubber bumpers to the bottom side of the decklid appliqué.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yep, and mine is still in the shop for all those things mentioned. Rear deck lid scratching, cam position sensor, pump rewire, and whatever the hell caused it to lose three cylinder, possibly fouled pluge from running rich. I'm on day three of the L300 loaner. Not enjoying the ride. I keep trying to shift.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just curious.... I have to schedule the recal. Do they need to drain the oil? Curious becuase I'm getting close to oil change time so I thought if it was part of the recal I'd save a few bucks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
geokots said:
Just curious.... I have to schedule the recal. Do they need to drain the oil? Curious becuase I'm getting close to oil change time so I thought if it was part of the recal I'd save a few bucks.
The only thing it shows on my repair paperwork is 1 Seal & 1 Sealant. So I cant help you there....sorry.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
good reply, thanks

keith-

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ahhh, just called and mine is ready to be picked up. Better be, or I'll have to come back here and bitch and moan some more.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well I got my check engine light fixed at the dealer. I guess "terminal X3 was not connecting with cooling fan relay." This sounded right as when I shut off the car, the fan would still run :confused: . I just sort of want to know HOW this happened. I mean, they said it was "bent", but that it was just a luck how it happened after they performed the recall. Whatever, its fixed and runs fine. Now to get the intercooler pump wired right (lol, I told them and we both forgot about it...haha..oh well, its only +10 celieus out right now with lots of rain..has been for over a week).

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Damn Canadians and their efficient metric system! I read that, and then sit around like a monkey doing a math problem to convert it!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Hahaha, come join the rest of the world won't ya!? Isn't 32 F = 0 C...honestly I don't really know as I was never taught any imperial stuff as I guess canadian schools don't care about american society (lol..we don't even learn your history, we learn it from movies and books, like National Treasure...lol). Oh and Sp00ner, just to keep you happy, for now on everything I post will only have metric numbers and units, just so you can stay busy while you sit on your computer...lol.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
you should have seen when my German cousins came into town. I spent an hour and a half trying to tell them the temperature of the water in Florida. It was awful!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well, thats a sign. Adopt the metric system. 99% of the world can't be wrong!!!!...lol, we have sort of hijacked this thread...oh well (sorry OP).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts