Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went to the dealership because my shift knob kept coming off and because my check engine light wouldnt go away. So when i get there he tells me that they have the shifter in stck and they can fix that for me and they will run diagnostics to find out about the check engine light. Now i went there about two weeks before for an oil change and they did the camshaft replacement and the newest ecu update. After they did the updates the car wouldnt start and it was because they messed up with the camshaft and they took the car back for two days and fixed it back up. SO anyway i go to pick up the car later on yesterday and they told me the reason i got the check engine light was because of my "aftermarket air adaptor" which is barrys mod. Now i have had that on for about 5 months and i haven't any problems with it and i check it regulary to make sure its all secure and what not. SO he said the only way they can tell if everything is all right is if i put the original housiing on which i dont have. Now my question is if i put a K&N Intake on their do you think they would help me and make sure everything is ok. The guy said if i get a K&N Intake they can reset it all and then check to make sure it is ok. Let me know what you guys think and if you think K&N is a good idea please let me noe where i can get it because my money flow is back.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I just put on my K&N CAI last night and had a few minutes to check it out today before the storms hit. All I can tell you is GET IT! Maybe because I'm "an ol' man", but I can do without the excessive blower whine, it is loud and it does turn heads.

I did the pull the fuses out of the fuse block trick instead of unhooking the negative ground terminal (every fuse marked ECU was pulled - 4, I think). So far, no CEL and I have about 30 min on the intake. One thing I noticed when I did the disassembly, my rubber elbow from the throttle body to air box was not installed properly. On the bottom side, the edge was rolled under the clamp and it is permanently deformed. The way it looks, there was a small break in the seal around the throttlebody. I wasn't getting any lights or codes, so I wonder if this misfit was affecting the engine's performance.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I think that's a line of crap from the dealer, personally, but you can see what they're thinking.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealership is Saturn of Coconut Creek and the tech. in training told me that the code was "something about the air/fuel ratio".

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
That's great. If you go all the way to Conut Creek, you should just head down to Saturn of West Broward. It should be closer if you're comin from Boca, and they seem to have a much better service department. They are both King dealerships, and my friend Blue N Boosted on here, got his from Coconut Creek, but gets all the service done at West Broward. They shouldn't give you a hard time about it at all. If you head over there, ask if Denny is working, and tell them Josh sent you. Denny is a friend of mine, and is the only one there who has worked on my and my friend's RL's.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought my car from Coconut Creek but havent had it serviced there.....try Saturn of Deerfield Beach.......I brought my car in there once to get the drawer in the dash fixed and they gave me no problems.....had it out in about 15 minutes

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
mine finally popped off, i just jammed it back and it seems snug, should i still bring it up to service?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I jammed mine on pretty good when it came off but i didnt trust it so i just ripped it back off and took it to get replaced. You should too this way saturn can see how many people are having this problem and maybe do something better about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.