Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a 2006 saturn ion redline comp package that has a water leak on the driver side in the trunk. The water leaks the corner to the lower corner. The sunroof drains are not plugged I have checked this problem before, and the passenger side is dry

Premium Member
I had a similar problem when I got my IRL 2014 - there was an issue with the flap that does not close properly, I have the 2004 and they had a known problem with the way they made the vent (mine was on the Passenger side compartment)

there was pooling of water 10 inches in the compartment

I thought that this was corrected in the later models but anyway , may want to check it as the water can easily navigate to any area of the car.

I also had some water that leaked into the battery area and at the time I was experiencing starting issues - hestitations etc

I had mine replaced at chevy for about $150-170

they resealed and new vent flap and I have never had anymore water

I know the feeling when we open the trunk and expect water to stay outside

also if that is not it check and clean the areas that distrubute the water to the outside

if blocked then it could contribute to the backup

also If you have a wing - the seals could crack - may just need to reinstall / reseal

Reactions: Wattscb93

Super Moderator
Yep. Its the little flapper vent thingy in there. Ive had to replace them on all my ions at least once. Junk yard, $5

Reactions: Wattscb93

Premium Member
I guess it is $5 dollars - the fee to get into the junk yard ?

I had the ion 2 and it was 2004 - it never had any water issues

It was a solid car. looking back on it.

2 main issues the iginition modules and the suspension were the most concernig but perhpas there are no fancy sound dampers to fix the problem in an economy vehicle.

Really not cool when your brand new car does not start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts