Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, Ive been a redline owner for a little over a month now. I own a black 2004 with 5000km on it. I took it in recently to have the trunk scratch issue looked at among a few other things. When i was returned the car i was told there was nothing they could do for me and that im simply closing the trunk too hard. I also observed before even taking it off the lot that there were a whole bunch of scuff marks about 1/4" long all the way across the bottom of the trunk lid , like a sharp edge on a buffer had scuffed along the trunk lid. I brought this up with the service guy today over the phone and was told there was nothing they could do for me again and that i could look into putting some extra rubber stops on the trunk to stop it from contacting the bumper, at my own expense.

What I'm asking is , has anyone had there bumper and trunk repainted over this issue. I know from searching that many people have had this issue addressed at the dealership. Also I would like to know what the corporate saturn office number is so i can call and complain about this. I think it's rediculous to refuse warranty work on something that was incorrectly designed and installed from the factory and then tell someone it's there fault for not closing the trunk properly. I even brought up the fact that I knew there is a TSB about the trunk lid scratches and he insisted it was for older model sedans and did not apply to my car.

As you can probably tell , i'm pretty pissed off about this and i would like the scuff marks and scratches fixed under warranty. I'm not the kind of guy that expects to have things fixed that i cause such as chips in the hood or things like that but i definetly did not cause this problem in any way. Any advice on the situation is appreciated and im definetly interested in who I contact in Canada to reach corporate Saturn.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
800-553-6000 is the # for Saturn Corporate. I would imagine they can point you in the right dirrection. That is a US #, dont know if there is a # to call up there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm taking mine in sometime next week for the same thing. My dealership is going to buff it out for me. At first they said you must have put something in the trunk that scratched it - he went dead silent when I showed him the same thing on the trunk lid. 3M invisible tape is going on it to start with and I'll see how that holds up. If it doesn't I'll take it back again - I also mentioned a TSB on it which they knew nothing about........

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Also a good thing to do if you have just recently purchased your car is to speak with the salesman that sold you the car as well as the sales manager. Its best to voice your concerns with as many people as you can. But something like scratches AFTER you've taken delivery of the car is mainly at the discression of the service manager. After-all you kind of have to look at it from their perspective. How does he/she know for sure that the car didn't get scratched after it was purchased? There are some people out there that aren't especially honest and not saying that you are one of those, but cosmetic issues after the sale can go either way. Good Luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is a common and known issue. Mine went in a couple of times and had the new and improved stops installed. They were supposed to be stronger rubber...they were the same damn thing.

This continued until one of the smarter techs came up with an effective backyard mechanic trick. They removed the stops and used a washer between the stops and the trunch. It gives just enough clearance so no more scratches!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TXRLU i completely agree with you, but i think i mis worded what i said. I mean i noticed these scratches from a buffer banging against the trunk lid the day i took it in for service work ,not the day i purchased the car. I took the car in at 9 that morning and the scratches definetly were not there, when I picked it up at 5 the same day they were the first thing i noticed when i went and looked, i noticed even before i went inside to get my keys.

The guy i talked to told me the tsb does not apply to my car and i would have to take care of this issue on my own which i find disturbing....

It also just so happens that today in the mail i received my "Purchase and Delivery Satisfaction Survey". It has the number of 1-800-263-1999 for the canadian offices. I encourage anyone having this issue to call this number if the dealership will not perform the repairs. I certainly will be.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont feel this is simply a cosmetic issue. I accept that a hood scratch or a door ding is completely off warranty, but something that they cause or is caused by bad design I have a hard time coming to terms with. Also being told that I shouldnt close the trunk so hard is something I find very insulting.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I took my car in Friday for the trunk issue, both rubber roof moldings blew off on the freeway scratching my roof, and to make sure I could tint my front windows without scratches to the tint. I talked to the service manager today and he blamed me for prying the molding off (most likely to force them to buff the scratches on the roof). He also refused to do anything about the trunk and bumper saying that there was 1/4" in of space and there's no way it could scratch even though both the trunnk and the bumper sre scratched in the same damn place. I called the 800 number and hopefully this will be resolved but from past experiences with the intercooler pump, I'm not optimistic any longer and have about had it with Saturn all together. I got this car in October and have like 5000 miles on it.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i talked to my fellow at the eg saturn and hes fixing the scraches on the trunk and the under side of the front bumper b/c of the idiot guy that had the car b4 me (curb scraches) for free plus a full detail on mine and my ladies car.

·
Registered
415 Posts
raptors_67 said:
Hi Everyone, Ive been a redline owner for a little over a month now. I own a black 2004 with 5000km on it. I took it in recently to have the trunk scratch issue looked at among a few other things. When i was returned the car i was told there was nothing they could do for me and that im simply closing the trunk too hard. I also observed before even taking it off the lot that there were a whole bunch of scuff marks about 1/4" long all the way across the bottom of the trunk lid , like a sharp edge on a buffer had scuffed along the trunk lid. I brought this up with the service guy today over the phone and was told there was nothing they could do for me again and that i could look into putting some extra rubber stops on the trunk to stop it from contacting the bumper, at my own expense.

What I'm asking is , has anyone had there bumper and trunk repainted over this issue. I know from searching that many people have had this issue addressed at the dealership. Also I would like to know what the corporate saturn office number is so i can call and complain about this. I think it's rediculous to refuse warranty work on something that was incorrectly designed and installed from the factory and then tell someone it's there fault for not closing the trunk properly. I even brought up the fact that I knew there is a TSB about the trunk lid scratches and he insisted it was for older model sedans and did not apply to my car.

As you can probably tell , i'm pretty pissed off about this and i would like the scuff marks and scratches fixed under warranty. I'm not the kind of guy that expects to have things fixed that i cause such as chips in the hood or things like that but i definetly did not cause this problem in any way. Any advice on the situation is appreciated and im definetly interested in who I contact in Canada to reach corporate Saturn.

Thanks.
Just curious... are you by any chance at Yonge and Finch area. I think I saw my first one there (obviously other than mine).

I have the same problem and I'm getting mine fixed on Friday (rubber stops were on back order for 2 weeks).

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
I keep reading all these great stories about Saturn customer service but I'm not seeing it. If they don't bend over backwards to make me happy this time, I'm selling my car. I've had enough of this fucking company.
Do you use the same dealer over and over again?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
man all the dealers that ive gone to are awsome i dont know what is up ur guys dealers asses but it must be someting big then :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Do you use the same dealer over and over again?

I have always gone to the same dealer because it's so close to my house. All the other ones are a nice drive away. It's not just the dealer, customer service did not go to bat for me with the i/c water pump in the past. I told the service manger that the pump wasn't pumping and it loses power after driving for 30 minutes, they put 3 miles on the car when they had it and "could not duplicate". I'm already lookng at a replacement. I left my STi at the dealership for good because of bad service and the hell if I won't sell my saturn for even worse treatment. I'm so pissed right now, I might explode.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, no offense but Subaru is #1 in defects, least amount per 100 sold, and Saturn isn't too far behind. I'm not sure that the service is gonna be stellar for other companies either. I know you're frustrated but....

One of my car-crazy bosses bought a new Mercedes ML55 AMG, and had to pay for his first repair less than two weeks after he bought it. All in all, while the warranty was good, he claims to have paid almost $2,000 on various repair and maintenance needs. Said he'll never buy a Mercedes or Lexus again due to the service issues with them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts