Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my silver nickle 04 redline and was wondering some good mods (preformance or visual) for around or under $200. (money is kinda short just quit my job)

·
Registered
754 Posts
I second the tint.Your car will look better and be a lot cooler in the summer. :)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
We're getting a group buy together for the newly released K&N intake!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
shanek said:
isnt that intake like $380 dollars?
Check the group buy thread, I believe that we're $100 under that number with 30 people. Maybe we can get lower with more.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
shanek said:
what does removing the stock airbox doo? i see alot of you guys doing it?

Works like a short ram intake using stock components. It makes the supercharger whine A LOT louder than stock and adds a little bit of power.

I'd say your first mod should be exhaust. Have them cut out that last section before the muffler and up the pipe size to 2.5" and then add a magnaflow, borla or performance muffler of your choice. That will make the whole exhaust system 2.5" and make it sound like one mean little 4 banger. ;)

I got mine done for just under $150, magnaflow muffler included.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Should have bought the tint with the car, go for more speed. An intake if your not engineer incline can be an easy 20-40 dollars. More air means faster off line. If you have an inexspensive exhaust shop around, have them remove your intermediate muffler and replace it with the same size exhaust pipe. $120 will get you that both intermediate muffler and an stock muffler off and replace with a high flow performance muffler if you shop smart. I found an APC titanium muffler brand new on ebay for $50, origanl price was around $300 depending on where you buy. So look around and study what is best for your buck before blowing it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how do i remove the airbox? sorry i actually have know idea what the airbox is. The only motors that i have worked on are muscle car motors and i still dont know much about them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
shanek said:
how do i remove the airbox? sorry i actually have know idea what the airbox is. The only motors that i have worked on are muscle car motors and i still dont know much about them.
YOu sure you worked on muscle cars? I'm an attorney with sissy white collar hands and I even know where that is.

And I like to think OUR car is a "muscle car."

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
didnt necessarily work on them but stripped them. i worked at a classic car restoration place for about a year.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
shanek said:

Look at the supercharger and follow the black tubing on the right. It leads to the big ass plastic airbox.

I can tell you right now that it ain't fun to take out and 9 out of 10 people who have done this mod just give up and hack it up with a saw or zizz wheel to get it out.

There's plenty of threads on it here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts