Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, it's probably been a decade since I was here. Around that time a buddy and myself purchased an 04 Ion Redline with a blown motor that we were going to fix up. We got a replacement motor in and had a lot down right around the time he was about to get married, so the project went on hold. Then I got married, then he had a kid, then another, and then I had one, so the Ion hasn't been touched in probably about 8 years now. I'm trying to line up a buyer who wants a project/parts car, but trying to figure out how many miles are on the car.

Foolishly we never wrote down how many miles were on the car. I just put the fusebox back in along with the ECU, but I must be missing a ground somewhere, because I have voltage to the car, but no power going to the gauge cluster.

I'm wondering if I remove the gauge cluster and power just the cluster if it would give me the last reading that was on there, or would it just display nothing at all. Personally I'm thinking nothing at all, because I'm sure you would be able to move one cluster to another car, but still holding out hope if anyone knows.

·
Super Moderator
1,762 Posts
the mileage is stored in the BCM. If you have a good scan tool, you can probably get the mileage that way

Reactions: Mike94SL2
1 - 2 of 2 Posts