Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
i just noticed i copy and pasted the wrong document here is the correct one on how to relearn the passlock:

Document ID# 1415278
Programming Theft Deterrent System Components

Important:
• If replacing the BCM with a GM Service Parts Operations (SPO) replacement part, the module will learn Passlock� sensor data code immediately. The existing PCM however, must learn the new fuel continue password when the BCM is replaced.
• If replacing a PCM with a GM SPO replacement part, after programming, these modules will learn the incoming fuel continue password immediately upon receipt of a password message. Once a password message is received, and a password is learned, a learn procedure must be performed to change this password again. A PCM which has been previously installed in another vehicle will have learned the other vehicle's fuel continue password, and will require a learn procedure after programming to learn the current vehicle's password.

Conditions

Use this procedure after replacing:
• Passlock� Sensor
• BCM
• PCM
Learn Procedures

There are 2 available methods to perform the programming procedure:
• A 10-minute procedure which requires a Tech 2 and a techline terminal.
• A 30-minute procedure which does not require the use of any tools.
10-Minute Learn Procedure

Tools Required

• Tech 2
• CANdi Module
• Techline terminal with current Service Programming System (SPS) software

1. Connect the Tech 2 to the vehicle.
2. Select "Request Information" under "Service Programming".
3. Disconnect the Tech 2 from the vehicle and connect it to a Techline terminal.
4. On the techline terminal, select "V.T.D. - Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn" under Service Programming".
5. Disconnect the Tech 2 from the Techline terminal and connect it to the vehicle.
6. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
7. Select "Program ECU" under "Service Programming".
8. At this time you will receive a screen on the Tech 2 stating to "PLEASE WAIT-MINUTES REMAINING 10".
9. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 30 seconds.
10. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the password.
11. With the Tech 2 (scan tool), clear any DTCs.

30-Minute Learn Procedure

Important: Do not remove the key from the ignition during this procedure. If the key is removed, the procedure will have to be performed from the beginning.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock� Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock� Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock� Sensor Data Code and/or password.
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ok i hope somebody is still reading this thread because it feels like i have tranny problems. every time i push on the gas the car shakes. Does anyone else have this problem or is it one of the TSB maybe? i dont now much about this stuff. I have an 05 Ion Redline. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
BATCH TSB Title Update as an FYI (note some be general ION related but still pertain to Redline- also some may be model year dependant, so check with your dealer or PM me-WOT)

#06-09-41-008C: Airbag Readiness Light ON with DTC B0081 or B0092 Set in Passenger Presence System (PPS) SDM (Remove Passenger Seat Cushion Cover and Allow to Dry) - (Dec 19, 2007)

#07-08-110-009: Spare Tire Hold Down Stud for Spare Tire Sticks Up Through Load Floor (Install Nut) - (Dec 12, 2007)

#03-06-04-030F: Various Driveability Symptoms Due to Clogged Fuel Injectors, MIL/SES DTCs P0171, P0172, P0174, P0300, P1174, P1175 (Clean Fuel Injectors and/or Perform Injector Test With AFIT - CH-47976) - (Dec 10, 2007)

#04-03-08-003C: Squeak, Rattle, Pop or Clunk Noise from Front of Vehicle During Suspension Movement (Bulletin Canceled - See Bulletin 04-03-08-006B) - (Aug 31, 2007)

#04-03-08-006B: Steering and Front Suspension Noise Concerns - Clunk, Rattle, Knocking, Pop, Shudder, Vibration (Diagnosis and Perform Necessary Repair) - (Aug 27, 2007)

#06-08-50-005B: Seat Cushion Cover Loose (Secure J-Strip to Seat Frame with Hog Rings) - (Jun 25, 2007)

#99-01-39-004B: Air Conditioning Odor (Install Evaporator Core Dryer Kit and Apply Cooling Coil Coating) - (May 29, 2007)

#07-08-56-001: Content Theft Deterrent System Cannot Be Disarmed by Cycling Key in Ignition After Unlocking Door with Key (reprogram PCM) - (May 23, 2007)

#06-08-44-016C: Poor Audio Quality When Listening to AM or FM Radio (Reprogram Radio) - (Apr 3, 2007)

#07-08-61-005: Floor Pan Corrosion (Rust) Perforation in Battery Compartment (Install Repair Panel) - (Mar 30, 2007)

#07-06-04-003: Reduced Engine Power, MIL/SES Light, DTC P1516, P2135, P2138 (Replace PCM) - (Jan 19, 2007)

#06-08-64-020A: Front Door Glass Does Not Move Up or Down and/or Inoperative or Jerky/Uneven Motion (Inspect Window Regulator and Tighten Cam Bolt Torque) - (Jan 19, 2007)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Subject: Transaxle Gear Rattle Noise in Cold Ambient Temperatures with Clutch Pedal Released (Up) at 1500-2500 RPM (Install Leaf Springs between Blocker Ring and Synchronizer Hub for 3rd, 4th, 5th and Reverse Gears)

Models: 2004-2005 Saturn ION Red Line Vehicles with 5-speed Manual Transaxle (RPO MU3)

Built Prior To and Including VIN Breakpoint 5Z145882

Attention: Fixed Operations Manager and Technician

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment on a gear rattle type noise coming from the manual transaxle when engine speed is between 1500-2500 revolutions per minute (RPM) during the first 3 to 5 miles of driving. The rattle noise may be more pronounced after cold soak conditions with temperatures below 10° C (50° F) and may be misinterpreted as coming from the throw-out bearing.

Cause
The noise may be caused by the 3rd, 4th, 5th and/or Reverse gear blocker rings rattling within the transaxle. The transaxle and transaxle fluid temperature may also contribute to the rattling blocker rings.

Correction
To correct this condition, install leaf springs between the blocker rings and synchronizer hub on 3rd, 4th, 5th and Reverse gears. Follow the procedures in this bulletin and the referenced 2005 model year SI documents to complete this repair.

Service Procedure
Remove transaxle from vehicle. Refer to "Transmission Replacement" (SI Document ID #1386881).
Remove 5th gear synchronizer, Reverse idler gear and output shaft from transaxle. Refer to "Transaxle Disassemble" and follow procedure through step 37 (SI Document ID #1408030).
Install leaf springs between Reverse gear blocker ring and Reverse gear spring ring. Refer to "Reverse Idler Gear Disassemble" (SI Document ID #1408111) and "Reverse Idler Gear Assemble" (SI Document ID #1640966).
Install leaf springs between the 3rd gear blocking ring and the 3rd/4th synchronizer hub and between the 4th gear blocking ring and the 3rd/4th synchronizer hub. Refer to "Input Shaft Disassemble" (SI Document ID #1349208) and "Input Shaft Assemble" (SI Document ID #1640967).
Install leaf springs between the 5th gear blocking ring and the 5th gear synchronizer hub during transaxle assemble at step 42. Refer to "Transaxle Assemble" (SI Document ID #1349227) and follow procedure starting from step 9 through the end of the procedure.
Parts Information
Part Number
Description
Qty

Retainer-main shaft RR Bearing (O-ring)

Spacer 3rd and 4th Gear

Bearing Assembly - Input Shaft

Ring - Input Shaft Retainer

90490860 (Saab P/N)
Leaf Spring 3rd and 4th gears

12791537 (Saab P/N)
Leaf Spring 5th gear

90511081 (Saab P/N)
Spring Ring 5th gear

12791541 (Saab P/N)
Leaf Spring Reverse

90511116 (Saab P/N)
Spring Ring Reverse

Nut 5th Gear

21005993*

(in Canada, 10953466)
*Sealer - 515 Anaerobic or equivalent
see below*

21485278**

(in Canada, 10953480)
**Sealant - Teflon Pipe, Anaerobic or equivalent
see below**

·
Registered
606 Posts
Here's the bulletin #

#05-07-29-004: Transaxle Gear Rattle Noise in Cold Ambient Temperatures with Clutch Pedal Released (Up) at 1500-2500 RPM (Install Leaf Springs Between Blocker Ring/Synchronizer Hub for 3rd, 4th, 5th, Reverse Gears) - (May 18, 2005)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Here's the one I ran into when I cracked my transmission.

#PIP3932B: Transmission Fluid Leak, Slipping Clutch or Broken Axle Shaft - keywords crack housing shift slip - (Jul 30, 2008)

Subject: Transmission Fluid Leak, Slipping Clutch or Broken Axle Shaft

Models: 2005-2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS

2004-2007 Saturn Ion Redline

Equipped with a 5-Speed Manual Transmission (RPO MU3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superceded to remove models. Please discard PIP3932A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers have commented about transmission oil in the clutch housing, slipping clutches or broken axle shafts on this model. An analysis of several of these failures has revealed that the problem is due to excessive front wheel hop during WOT acceleration events.

Excessive wheel hop transmits a torsional shock load into the transmission case. This causes the case to crack and transmission fluid to leak into the clutch housing. See photos below.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Stiffer axle shafts and hardware will change the system harmonics and help prevent wheel hop. These planned changes will not be available until the 2008 model year.

Note: Be advised that failures of this nature are abuse. They are NOT defects in materials or workmanship for which General Motors would be responsible and should not be covered under the terms of the new vehicle warranty. Vehicles with this complaint should be inspected by the dealer and Area Vehicle Manager. A product report should be submitted on each.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

·
Lurking Diplomat
397 Posts
Reprogram PCM

Hey guys, I've been experiencing intermittent P0171 and P0128 codes. Search function is my friend, and I found the TSBs that relate to these problems. Fix for both (with no issues with driveability or performance) seems to be a reprogramming of the ECU.

I'm a noob when it comes to the tuning/programming, so will one re-flash at the dealer fix both these problems? By re-programming the ECU, does the dealer just delete everything on there and replace it with ALL new information? Or does one re-flash solve the problem of the P0128 by relaxing the parameters that cause it to set, and a second re-flash is required to relax the parameters for the P0171 code?

I just want to know if I need this once or twice. Is a re-flash the same as downloading the new version of I-Tunes?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey guys, I've been experiencing intermittent P0171 and P0128 codes. Search function is my friend, and I found the TSBs that relate to these problems. Fix for both (with no issues with driveability or performance) seems to be a reprogramming of the ECU.

I'm a noob when it comes to the tuning/programming, so will one re-flash at the dealer fix both these problems? By re-programming the ECU, does the dealer just delete everything on there and replace it with ALL new information? Or does one re-flash solve the problem of the P0128 by relaxing the parameters that cause it to set, and a second re-flash is required to relax the parameters for the P0171 code?

I just want to know if I need this once or twice. Is a re-flash the same as downloading the new version of I-Tunes?
There's also a thing called a top engine clean. I've done that to many redline's and Ion's and It has fixed the p0171 code. I cleans the valve's, piston's and Injector's. It's Called Upper Engine and Fuel Injector Cleaner. Part # is 88861802. If that don't work then yes you will need to reflash ur ecm with the correct calibration to fix the code or replace the injector's. I have some injector's for a stock redline i have laying around. PM me if u want them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1997 SL1 door chime working with key out 4 a while. started car,smoke from defrost vent driver side.Now key stuck in acc pos.All else seems O K.Is fuel pump on with key in acc pos What is the fix?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
1997 SL1 door chime working with key out 4 a while. started car,smoke from defrost vent driver side.Now key stuck in acc pos.All else seems O K.Is fuel pump on with key in acc pos What is the fix?
LOL How would you think that's a TSB or recall and WTF does it have to do with the ION Redline??? Maybe go to Saturnfans...
WOT

·
Lurking Diplomat
397 Posts
Holy crap...

On a completely unrelated note to ^^, I bought an ALLDATA subscription, so if anyone needs any TSBs posted let me know. I'll try to put up some of the relevant ones that I've used, already posted in the threat about P0128 code.

·
Registered
606 Posts

Key getting stuck is the cyclinder and housing going bad. No really easy fix for that. You need to replace that before it gets worse. Get a new key cut first. See what that does.

Door chime staying on for a while may be related to the cyclinder housing or ignition switch.

Door chime may also be a bad BCM or usually a bad door switch.

The smoke from the defrost vent may be a multifuction turn signal switch. On the L series cars they burn up and it causes a burning smell. I would check the connector and look for a burnt connection. If it's burnt go ahead and replace it, if not u have problems else where.

Hope this helps. Also Sent PM

Like WOT said this is a TSB thread. If u have any other question's PM me or post on the off topic discussion thread. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i can't find anything for this but is there not a recall for the doors leaking water?

heavy rains or touchless carwashes flood my car!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
i can't find anything for this but is there not a recall for the doors leaking water?

heavy rains or touchless carwashes flood my car!!!
Make sure your door is shut all the way closed or check the weatherstriping for damage. I haven't heard of any bullitens for that.

If you have a sunroof, that can also cause it too. Lower your headliner to make sure that your drain tubes haven't come off.

·
Registered
351 Posts
its just around the top of the door even into my backseat...nothing is leaking near my sun roof.

can i fix the weather strip myself, saturn wants 250.00 for parts and labor.

·
Registered
351 Posts
has anyone had to do it before?

im known for messing things up....lol

·
Registered
351 Posts
how do i get the trim off that goes over it?? does it just pop off?

61 - 80 of 86 Posts