Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So come to find out that our exhaust guy has made a tubular turbo manifold for the ecotec that was fitted on the Cavalier. It was a 2.2L ecotec at that. now i'm wondering if the distance between the firewall and the head of the cobalt/redline is about the same as the cavalier 2.2L ecotec.

so throwing a turbo on wouldn't be out of the question.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
but who wants to tune it? dont have the loot for that until after i'm married

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
NIVO88T said:
I guess is for the hardcore guys...if any in the redline community...
i've got plans, but like i said, i've got huge financial obligations to getting married, and just slapping on a turbo won't cut it for me, i've gotta have it tuned as i'm not risking blowing up my motor during a learning experience trying to do something that very few people have done before

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
NIVO88T said:
I like doing things that others haven't done before :)
that's cool if you afford it, and to be honest, i believe i was the first one to show a true interest in twincharging the redline while being ridicueled for having a "rice induced" (gotta love that one) idea. i for one am broke until september 23, 2005, so until then it's bolton's for me

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
how much do they want for it anyway? can you get pics?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
that would be an awsome idea but would you hook it right to the front of the throttle body or what? I"m trying to envision how this would all work.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
MrCleanY0 said:
that would be an awsome idea but would you hook it right to the front of the throttle body or what? I"m trying to envision how this would all work.

the intake would go from fresh air to turbo to intercooler to s/c and the exhaust would go from engine to manifold to muffler

so basically replace the intake and exhaust system, leave the s/c. really you're just hooking up a turbo set up, but there's a s/c for an intake manifold, not to mention the dual cooling going on, should be pretty mean!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have no pic right now since this was done to a cavalier that had the 2.2L ecotec.
but he makes them in either stainless steel or inconel.

the twincharging can be done nicely.

Nissan did it years ago on their March super turbos.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts