Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
N/A Neon R/T

It was a red R/T with the silver racing stripes. I saw him coming up behind me on transit rd, we ended up getting stopped at a light. He had writing on his windshield from a drag track, i saw 9.80. The closest track is lancaster which is 1/8th mile. stopped at the light i asked him if he has heard about the red line. he said yes his friend has one just like mine but without the aero spoiler. i said sweet. well the light changed while we were talking so we didnt catch the light, i was going to take off normal till i heard him gun it, so i also gunned it. I pulled away steadily, so i'll take that as a win.

So does anyone in the WNY area with a black red line know someone that has a quick neon R/T?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Black05Redline said:
So does anyone in the WNY area with a black red line know someone that has a turboed neon R/T?
I have the black redline and that neon r/t is not turboed its n/a.....have raced him a couple times too...kill him from a roll, but from a dead stop he rapes me til third gear, damn wheel hop.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
blkredline said:
I have the black redline and that neon r/t is not turboed its n/a.....have raced him a couple times too...kill him from a roll, but from a dead stop he rapes me til third gear, damn wheel hop.
An N/A neon beats you from a dig? Wow . . . what exactly does he have done to it??? I mean, my launch is hard to get right but not to the point where a Neon would get any sort of lead on me that I couldn't erase rapidly.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess i just assumed he was turboed, but i dont remember hearing a BOV or the turbo either. i never launched with him so i dont know how that would go, h'e got a strong car though.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
how you can assume someone is turbo?

BOV? Turbo spool?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i saw pillar gauges, thought one might be a boost gauge. it was just a guess, i didnt hear much over the whine of my supercharger :)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Every time I 'know' its a turbo is the BOV sound. That, or knowing a car is a turbo already...

·
Registered
89 Posts
shit theres alot of redlines in wny. Has anyone seen an srt-4 around us? I have never seen one except for the two at that dealership on transit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have seen 2 blue ones. the one kid i know and the other i saw on the 90 yesterday night.

are you guys intrested in going to the 1/4 mile track on 5/25 it is about an hour away form buffalo and it is a nice track. i will be posting up later about it but i want to let you guys know in advance

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i would go, i should have the K&N on by then. i would ask my friend if he wants to bring his mustang. i saw a blue red line the other day on union and indian church, tinted windows, small spoiler. i have seen probably 4 other black ones, i know someone that has one black one and i have seen a silver one. i always see a blue srt-4 in the toys r us parking lot in hamburg. i have seen a few srt's but they are few and far between.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i've seen 2 blue and one black......one of the blue ones was stock and turned down racing me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey i know the car your talking about it doesnt have a turbo in it at all. maybe a few mods but nothing special. oh by the way i live in lancaster and have seen your cars around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i got it done at pro tint on harlem and mineral springs. it only cost me 85 i know the guty so he gives me a deal. its limo tint all the way around. cops really love it

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
what kind of tint is it?? do you know

·
Registered
30 Posts
not off hand no but he uses good shit. have had all my cars tinted there no bubbles no problems and he gives a lifetime warrenty on everything

·
Registered
221 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
I mean, my launch is hard to get right but not to the point where a Neon would get any sort of lead on me that I couldn't erase rapidly.
would you like to test that theory on my neon? ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts