• GETTING IT BUT NOT PSI's KIT

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i am gonna start a Poll on Twincharging just because i want to see what people are thinking on this topic so everyone vote

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Im in as soon as they are ready. Damn them teasing me with the 18psi kit only to announce this one is so close.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm interested in Psi-Fi's twincharge kit.

Warranty=Death. I can live with out it.....

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The twincharger sounds nice, but I'm not going to put it on my car. I'm more intrested in getting the 18 psi kit, although I want to wait to see how the engine holds up with the kit before I run out and put it on my car.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
How about the 'I can only afford to pimp out 2 cars, not 3!' category? I'd love to get it, but too many other things to do first...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm using my car for autocross, so I'm not interested in obscene levels of power. I'll run stock for now, but if a real suspension (eg coilovers with adjustable shocks) comes out, I'll move to STX. Prep rules are nice because they keep me from spending too much money. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spooner i think that falls under the not enought money choice because if u were really really rich you would get it

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well then, that's the choice I picked now!

·
Registered
103 Posts
well i'll twin but, would the 18 psi be better or no? would i have to get a better cat back for the rl then ? and who makes a good stainless steel cat-back and better cat?

i'll be making at least 20 bucks an hour so i'll be able get good sutff hehehee :D watch out scooby i'll gunnin for yeah !!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
You forgot to put the "I think is dumb, just do a SAAB turbo swap" opinion up there for me. ;)

Honestly, if you wanted turbo you should have got an SRT-4. But now you got the blower, so work with what you got and just buy the 18psi kit.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
planetSlowCar1 said:
You forgot to put the "I think is dumb, just do a SAAB turbo swap" opinion up there for me. ;)

Honestly, if you wanted turbo you should have got an SRT-4. But now you got the blower, so work with what you got and just buy the 18psi kit.
Isn't keeping the supercharger and adding a turbo in front of it 'Working with what you got'?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm very interested in this kit or the 18psi kit, but for now while my car is under the lease, I'm going to keep my RL stock for the most part. I bought the car new because I wanted the warranty in case anything goes wrong to save money as I work for my degree. In 3 years when my warranty is up though, I have a feeling that I'll still want to keep the car and just buy it out, and that's when I'll have a full time job and a career started. By then, the aftermarket for these cars should be easy to choose from. I'll be able to easily mod up my car and smoke everything in a car that everyone will probably forget about :) So those are my future plans.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I want something! But I think I would get a Stage 3 kit and stop there. Well maybe some NOS to....

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
our basic upgrade kit is putting out some good power, in a 3rd gear roll we put about 4 carlengths on a stock Redline :D . The race was over as soon as we hit the gas. In the warmer weather we have been seeing about 16.5-17psi max boost in 4th gear. so in essence it adds 4.5-5psi over stock, regardless its a mechanical increase in airflow and it definitely makes more power. when we get back from NOPI we are going to make some videos and do a dyno comparison.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I would love to twin charge, but it would depend on cost, and exactly how much of my warranty would be gone. The whole reason for getting a new car before college was so I could have a warranty and not worry about any mechanical issues. Anyone know how much of the warranty will be voided?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
Anyone know how much of the warranty will be voided?
We'll, I would guess pretty much all of it. I would imagine if you brought it in and the service people seen all the pipes and such, not to mention the new rotary muffler :rolleyes: they might laugh you right out the door.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Isn't keeping the supercharger and adding a turbo in front of it 'Working with what you got'?
Yea I guess you're right, but that's beside the point.

The twin charging may be different and exotic, but there's a reason you don't see it often. I think the blower would be nothing more than a restriction when you get the turbo on. A properly sized turbo by itself will make more power without significant lag and zero parasitic loss. Turn the boost up and the blower and intercooler become restrictions. Not to mention that combo would put out SO much heat, you'd have to run a front mount + the stock air-water, which would involve more pipe, more pressure drop and less efficiency. Don't forget, along with the best of both worlds you get the worst too. The turbo as an exhaust restriction, the blower as a parasitic loss, and more heat than you can shake a stick at. :rolleyes: Lets not even begin to talk about trying to make it CARB legal, or even pass a regular emissions test.

So yes I agree, it is working with what you got. In fact its the biggest half a$$ way to make more power and keep what you have.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts