Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a cheaper alternative to the pricy 275$ k&n typhoon CIA for my redline.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

s there a cheaper alternative to the pricy 275$ k&n typhoon CIA for my redline.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does the AEM generate same hp and performance/sound....(sound is key)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
not according to their test results......the k&n gained much more hp than the aem

BUT, a big but here.....their base dyno's were much different, so in the end.......the result was just about the same.

for example, these are not solid numbers but just an example of what happened.

say k&n dynoed their redline at 197 first off.....and then after the intake it dynoed at 210, that was a 13 hp gain.

aem dynoed theirs at 204, and ended up at 210, so thats only a 6 hp gain.

in the end both ended up at 210.....so buy whichever u want.

like i said, these are not exact numbers cuz its early and i dont feel like looking up the real ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
aem is a short ram and not a cold air intake like the k&n, the aem is higher air flow than stock but not as high as the K&N, and it's not pulling air from coldest point under the front end like the kn set up. I'd bet the aem dyno is measured at the crank and kn is at the wheel, that would explain the different results.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Man read the dates on the threads before you bump them. Some of us got past all this necro crap before you bought your RL.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Man read the dates on the threads before you bump them. Some of us got past all this necro crap before you bought your RL.
Im sure you dont look at every date on every thread before you post in it.....chill out and give people a break for SEARCHING for something first, as we all always cry about, then posting something in the thread.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Was I wrong in anything that I said? or is it that I didn't notice the thread was old that upset your tender sensabilities? see this is partly why I'm so late in getting on a forum site like this. answer a ? and get ripped by someone for not being on time, ps didn't know there was a deadline on this crap

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Im sure you dont look at every date on every thread before you post in it.....chill out and give people a break for SEARCHING for something first, as we all always cry about, then posting something in the thread.
He was commenting on it, not asking a question. Isnt a big deal but commenting on a thread that old imo isnt really needed. Not a big deal though. Could of just stuck with the comment of really old thread and maybe next time wouldnt of happened.

Was I wrong in anything that I said? or is it that I didn't notice the thread was old that upset your tender sensabilities? see this is partly why I'm so late in getting on a forum site like this. answer a ? and get ripped by someone for not being on time, ps didn't know there was a deadline on this crap
Dont worry about it. It was no biggie. Stick around lots of good info here.

·
Registered
685 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.