Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have an ion redline and i recently ordered a zzp stage 2 for it along with their flashed pcm. today my friend from a chevy dealer installed it for me, after install he got a CEL with a crankshaft position variation code, he tried doing a relearn procedure with a tech 2, however every time he went to finish the process tech 2 would show a "no communication message" and he would have to start over. on monday he will be investigating it further, but i was trying to find out if any of u guys here ever had a problem like that.
i also read online that if i send my stock pcm to get flashed i would not have a problem with a crank~ position variation code.
car runs without any problems
thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Never heard of that, usually once they go to the relearn, they push enter and floor it quick and the relearn is done

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He will give it a couple more tries tomorrow. If it still doesnt work I will be giving zzp a call

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
the relearn procedure is not to floor it quick..... also i had to set my rev limiter to 5 grand so i wanst reving it to 7 grand for the 100 times it took me to get it. but i use hp tuners to do it. he has to rev thru the rpm range at a decent pace. not floored i would say 50 to 75 percent throttle.....

·
Registered
813 Posts
the relearn procedure is not to floor it quick..... also i had to set my rev limiter to 5 grand so i wanst reving it to 7 grand for the 100 times it took me to get it. but i use hp tuners to do it. he has to rev thru the rpm range at a decent pace. not floored i would say 50 to 75 percent throttle.....
I've done it twice on my car and once on another persons, i'd agree with phil on this.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I have done it in the drivers seat at the dealer and at ZZP idle>wide open stab and it was done and off and running. Either way, it's not looking like he ever posted back so it is probably sitting in the driveway pending more frustration

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
I was in seat doing it also. Stab me Dr worked for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts