Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me what this device is, under the top of trunk, forward of the opening and almost to the backseat?

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Looks like an amplifier. Do you have aas? Or I gueas I should ask if you have tweeters?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dog would eat um if I had um. Eats most birds she can get er mouth on

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Omg I owe you a beer for that 🤣
Aas is advanced audio system. Tweeters would be the little speakers on the door behind the mirrors

Reactions: Aapoo

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So yeah there's a couple of speakers there but that's not saying they're not factory right?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not a drinker but a hard cider would be my choice if your buyin! My love affair with that babe ended under less than amicable circumstances...free spirits- oh gag! relph! spew!

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Those are factory. You sir have rhe advanced audio system.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are factory. You sir have rhe advanced audio system.
So that IS an amp. Thought it looked like that but the previous said he didn't install...it doesn't sound advanced. Hate to hear the other I guess, shoot!

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Haha yea its not that great. Thats the only difference is the amp and tweeters vs the non

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally figured out how to use the damn CD player! Rocking now! Goaliemo if I was in the Land of beers steers n que--s I'd buy you a case buddy! You rock!

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Well, welcome to texas buddy 🤣

Reactions: Aapoo

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is some audio quality gain to be had by recapping that little amp. Put some quality parts (Nichicon or Panasonic) bump up the voltage, keep the same Uf. Worked very well on mine. Might cost $5 in parts and an hour to install them. If you don't have soldering skills, maybe you know someone who does.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool! I can solder a bit. How fine of connections are we talking? I've resoldered electrical components on circuit boards some...blugeoned it a bit but got er done. I would really like this project for sure if you have the time....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cool! I can solder a bit. How fine of connections are we talking? I've resoldered electrical components on circuit boards some...blugeoned it a bit but got er done. I would really like this project for sure if you have the time....
It is not a tough job. If I remember you remove the side screws, they were the heat sinks for the output transistors. End cap screws to slide the board out. I think there were two values of capacitors. You need the same uf or capacitance, I usually go up on the voltage, so if it says 10uf 6.3v I go with 10uf 10v. Don't go up too much as the leads will be larger than the board holes. I do have a hand drill for slight enlargement. Go to the Mouser web site for these, they are very good. Make sure it shows in stock on any parts you buy. Link. https://www.mouser.com/Passive-Comp...N-75hqw?P=1yztuat&Keyword=nichicon+fw&FS=True

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also the caps have a plus and minus side. Be sure to put the new ones in the same way. Take a photo before you start!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts