Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Looks like an amplifier. Do you have aas? Or I gueas I should ask if you have tweeters?

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Omg I owe you a beer for that 🤣
Aas is advanced audio system. Tweeters would be the little speakers on the door behind the mirrors

Reactions: Aapoo

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not a drinker but a hard cider would be my choice if your buyin! My love affair with that babe ended under less than amicable circumstances...free spirits- oh gag! relph! spew!

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Those are factory. You sir have rhe advanced audio system.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Haha yea its not that great. Thats the only difference is the amp and tweeters vs the non

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally figured out how to use the damn CD player! Rocking now! Goaliemo if I was in the Land of beers steers n que--s I'd buy you a case buddy! You rock!

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is some audio quality gain to be had by recapping that little amp. Put some quality parts (Nichicon or Panasonic) bump up the voltage, keep the same Uf. Worked very well on mine. Might cost $5 in parts and an hour to install them. If you don't have soldering skills, maybe you know someone who does.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool! I can solder a bit. How fine of connections are we talking? I've resoldered electrical components on circuit boards some...blugeoned it a bit but got er done. I would really like this project for sure if you have the time....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cool! I can solder a bit. How fine of connections are we talking? I've resoldered electrical components on circuit boards some...blugeoned it a bit but got er done. I would really like this project for sure if you have the time....
It is not a tough job. If I remember you remove the side screws, they were the heat sinks for the output transistors. End cap screws to slide the board out. I think there were two values of capacitors. You need the same uf or capacitance, I usually go up on the voltage, so if it says 10uf 6.3v I go with 10uf 10v. Don't go up too much as the leads will be larger than the board holes. I do have a hand drill for slight enlargement. Go to the Mouser web site for these, they are very good. Make sure it shows in stock on any parts you buy. Link. https://www.mouser.com/Passive-Comp...N-75hqw?P=1yztuat&Keyword=nichicon+fw&FS=True

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.