Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp... $1200 and a year n a half later my RL was brought back to life...! Then some cant keep his eyes off his gf kid backs outof his driveway right in front of me clearly backing up the road with some bright cant miss em white taillights to rendezvous with a car stopped on the opposite side of the double yellow line..... Yeah my plastic rear bumper snapped in two, caved in my trunk in the corner, trunk lid cracked but still latches closed...

Sooooo I'm lookin for a full rear bumper panel n trunk lid

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
I have a black trunk. Located southern Louisiana.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Heres what my cars damage looks like....
Ouch... I hate to say it, but if insurance see's that, it's probably going to be totaled. That trunk is never going to close correctly again. And maybe it's just me, but it looks like your rear tire was pushed in a bit. Makes it look like you have negative camber.

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
That looks like some major fram damage man. It's been a little while since I've had the rear end apart like that, but I'm pretty sure it's not caved in that much.
I can probably get you the quarter panel as well.
Shipping won't be cheap on either though. It's about $100 to ship a quarter panel and around $150 to ship a trunk.
I'd ask $100 for both.

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
Where are you located? If close enough, I would just trade the trunk lid and quarter panel for that high rise XD

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks like some major fram damage man. It's been a little while since I've had the rear end apart like that, but I'm pretty sure it's not caved in that much.
I can probably get you the quarter panel as well.
Shipping won't be cheap on either though. It's about $100 to ship a quarter panel and around $150 to ship a trunk.
I'd ask $100 for both.
So lemme make sure I'm readin this right. .. you want $100 for both than pay $250 for shipping n handling. ..? Im a little tired so idk if im firin on all cylinders

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
The trunk is considered freight, and the body panel is over sized. That's why I just went ahead and said what shipping would be. It's a bit insane. That's why nonone ever wants body panels shipped.

I'm sure you know all the parts from the base coupe would fit. Bumper is different, but would fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
santa rosa, tx. shipping is not bad at all, rear bumper is $120 id like 80$ for it, trunk is around the same. I have other panels aswell. just text me. its much easier and I can send pics.
I posted number above.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
santa rosa, tx. shipping is not bad at all, rear bumper is $120 id like 80$ for it, trunk is around the same. I have other panels aswell. just text me. its much easier and I can send pics.
I posted number above.
Hey man be expecting a text from a Nevada are code 775 today...! :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey man I'm still in need of your trunk, bumper n rt rear quarter panel. But life as you know it put some more financial b.s. on my plate!.... SMH So it's lookin like I won't have the cash until the first of April. If you could hold those parts for me until then you'd be my hero!! haha :)

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I'm a little confused. If the other guy backed into you, why are you paying for it? If insurance is involved and wants to total it, you might be able to save it by sourcing these parts at a deal. If you have insurance involve and they want to total it, ask how much you'd get for the salvage value. Then say you might be able to obtain the parts for cheaper and see if it pulls it out of being totaled. Figure out which deal benefits you more and snap it up :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts