Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the car to Saturn today to get the car checked out about the idle with the air on. The service manager himself has a Redline so I asked him if his car was doing the same thing, and he said no. I asked him if he could do a scan and he said sure. He took the car back, hooked it up to the tech2, and said that I was throwing codes PO701, and PO702 I believe they were. He referenced them and said it was code for running rich, and the other was for running lean. He called tech service about the A/C and they asked if the car had an aftermarket intake on it. He said ya, and they said they couldnt touch it till it was returned to stock, then i could bring it back in to fix the problem. So Im guessing Im just going to have to live with it, considering I cut the box out. Just wanted to give all an update incase you were curious, thank you all for your help!
~Adam

·
Registered
524 Posts
Do you have the latest update for the ECU? BTW, what dealer did you go to? I'm a local and want to know which one to avoid. That whole do you have an intake mod is retarded...

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom01SC2 said:
Do you have the latest update for the ECU? BTW, what dealer did you go to? I'm a local and want to know which one to avoid. That whole do you have an intake mod is retarded...

Tom
There is no update for the 2005 yet. But the weird thing was, after they cleared the codes, I was driving home, I dont think the car has ever run that good! It idles .....better, not great not it didnt dip as much as usual, and all the power just felt there. I didnt want to turn the car off. And yes, it was Avondale. I figured since Ralph has a modded REdline, he would let stuff slide, but I guess it was the tech line that didnt like the intake.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Try making sure the MAF sensor is perfectly aligned. If its off 1-2 degrees it can make all kinds of odd little problems. Start there if it give you any more trouble.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
There most certainly is an update for the '05s. Now, if you already have it, it's one thing. They may have done it already, or it may have came with that version installed, but there is an update. It was done to mine in January-February.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sp00ner said:
There most certainly is an update for the '05s. Now, if you already have it, it's one thing. They may have done it already, or it may have came with that version installed, but there is an update. It was done to mine in January-February.
Im sorry Sp00ner, thats what I meant. My car was built in April so it has the latest update built in to it. How do I adjust the angle of the Maf? I never physically took it off the lid so it should still be in the stock setting right?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Blubatmobile said:
Im sorry Sp00ner, thats what I meant. My car was built in April so it has the latest update built in to it. How do I adjust the angle of the Maf? I never physically took it off the lid so it should still be in the stock setting right?
What do you have on there? The AEM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.