Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would give you guys a small update...

My car passed 36k miles yesterday, so I'm finally out of warranty. So this should be the weekend project. Well hopefully anyways.

and last and certainly not least....

I'm excited :)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Sweet . . . . . . . . .

·
Registered
391 Posts
guessing your going to keep the forged 2liter for a backup right?? because the stock 2.2 is right at its edge with the 12psi from the stock blower. my buddies 2.2 slapped a rod at 217 hp and thats about 240-250 crank(just like GM said). similar to what the redline puts down stock. just a heads up to reconsider the pulley upgrade.

should be a little quicker too since the cavy has a 200-300 pound weight saving over the redline and cobalt ss

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your buddy snapped at 215 then something wasn't right most likey his air/fuel ratio. 2.2 eco is rated for 300 and I've seen some people run some pretty decent power to it. 240+whp on stock internals. Only time will tell but I'm looking forward the the results on this.

Between the weight advantage and higher compression. Really makes me curious what kind of power it will make and 1/4 mile times I'll run.

Hopefully the install will happen this weekend, I'll try to update with pics as I go given the chance.

·
Registered
391 Posts
the 2.2 make a bit more torque but dont rev out as high as the 2.0's, my buddies makes peak power at around 5800 i believe. ours just keeps going and going.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
can you take some pics of like inside the intercooler, and like the TB and a couple other things that we will not get to see unless we take out engine apart, for us curious ones.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
navymitch12 said:
can you take some pics of like inside the intercooler, and like the TB and a couple other things that we will not get to see unless we take out engine apart, for us curious ones.
those would be some good pics. hook it up dude

1 - 11 of 11 Posts