Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of going to powerslot rotors all around, Hawk HPS pads, and Goodridge stainless brakelines for the hell of it. That and the stock dusty pads sucks. Since the stock brakes are not all that bad for oem stuff, does upgrading the brake system on these cars really make a huge difference to be worth it?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
a lot off ppl will say no not if ur not auto x which is true but i have upgraded front rotors and pads and i know everyone who had the set up ur talking about loves them so id say go for it

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am thinking of going to powerslot rotors all around, Hawk HPS pads, and Goodridge stainless brakelines for the hell of it. That and the stock dusty pads sucks. Since the stock brakes are not all that bad for oem stuff, does upgrading the brake system on these cars really make a huge difference to be worth it?
I bought that setup from Dezod's little sale about 2 weeks back...I don't have the SS brakelines though. I will let you know if I notice a big difference when I put them on next weekend. Will be slightly biased though I just got gripper replacements for my Stock lops (47k miles on them 2004).

·
Registered
884 Posts
I will tell you this. I just got the exact setup your thinking of minus the lines. I put them on thursday and i've noticed a huge difference in my braking performance. Stop are much more precise with pedal effort. Just make sure you burnish the pads correctly or they will make alot of noise. Most ppl don't do this and end up wondering y there brand new brakes squeak or make other weird noises. Good luck.

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
I've had the powerslot/hawk from Dezod for 60K miles, love 'em! I used BG Stop Squeal when installing them. The stock brakes were good, but made lots of dust! And only lasted me 20K.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will tell you this. I just got the exact setup your thinking of minus the lines. I put them on thursday and i've noticed a huge difference in my braking performance. Stop are much more precise with pedal effort. Just make sure you burnish the pads correctly or they will make alot of noise. Most ppl don't do this and end up wondering y there brand new brakes squeak or make other weird noises. Good luck.
Nice I may go ahead and do all of this then. The stock brakes are alright to me but I hate having brake dust covered wheels in just a few days. So instead of upgrading the pads I'll just do it all.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The Powerslots don't rust, either, so they stay nice & shiney.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Just make sure you burnish the pads correctly or they will make alot of noise.

what is meant by this? I had pads installed and they squeak like hell.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I was going to chime in and say that my 04 redline bought in January already came with the drilled and slotted rotors, don't know the brands on the rotors or pads since I didn't buy them, but they stop on a dime. I have absolutely no brake dust either, but I do occasionally notice a squeal, so I'm currious as well about the above comment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts