Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent some time today trying to replace the three boost-related vacuum hoses on my Redline, because the hoses that have been there since I bought it seem to be somewhat cracked and dry rotted.

I had some difficulty finding what I assumed to be the stock sizes (internal diameters) of these hoses in previous threads.

One of them seems to require a different size at each end (which can be achieved through adaptors I would think), and the other two seem to be different from each other (and possibly the same size as the ends of the other hose). So, my guesses were 1/4" to 3/16" for the hose that requires two sizes, and 1/4" and 3/16" for the others.

These sizes weren't readily available from Autozone or Pep Boys however so I went with 5/32" and 7/32". Do those seem like they should work? Are their any possible problems from stepping down a size? Am I even right about the sizes in the first place?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Yep Oriely's has a barbed adapter assortment for a couple bucks. I like to have a couple ft. of several sizes in the garage for sunday-at-midnight type repairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts