Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one is it damnit? I've searched for an hour now on these forums for a picture of the vacuum hose because i remember seeing one. But now the time has come that i need to install a boost guage and i can't find it. Can someone help point out to me which hose it is that i need to put the T-fitting on to. Mucho Gracias

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Follow the line from the intake manifold to the solenoid. There's only one that I know of. You can see that it runs right to the middle of the intake manifold.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
IF you really need a pic, I'll run out and snap one let me know soon...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i got it, thanks. I thought that might be it but i didn't wanna pull it out unless i was sure, thanks.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I've also heard suggestions to zip tie the rubber 'seal' that connects the T-fitting and the line for the gauge...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright ill do that...do i just cut the hose and stick the t-fitting in between the loose ends? my instructions are skeet, its half a notecard of random numbers.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yup. Just cut it so the new line is out of the way of things, and connect the new line to the T.... It came with a little rubber fitting for the new line right?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yah, well a metal thing to connect it...i don't trust it tho, i think im gonna wrap with an inch of duct tape. But thanks a lot.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did u drill through the firewall at

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Drill through the firewall? Wouldn't it just be easier to use a pre-existing hole? There is one near the brake pedal I believe (haven't ran anything through, but saw it when doing a full search for something I lost in my car).

·
Registered
841 Posts
dont use duct-tape either. heat from the motor makes that shit totally weird. just zip-tie around the hoses and fittings. much safer.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
XeroState said:
Drill through the firewall? Wouldn't it just be easier to use a pre-existing hole? There is one near the brake pedal I believe (haven't ran anything through, but saw it when doing a full search for something I lost in my car).
If you pull the carpet and padding back a little bit, up to the left and above the brake pedal, you'll see a few grommets that you can use. I personally punched a hole through one of them, rather than running it through with the rest of the wires.

·
Registered
80 Posts
can you guys give me detailed instructions with pictures on how to install a mechanical boost gauge?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm looking at adding a boost guage, but not really interested in the factory ladder type. Where can I find the escutcheon that mounts a guage to the door/windshield post? Is this a factory part, or strictly aftermarket?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, i got your guy's info a little late, i drilled through the firewall and it worked fine except for the fact that it only reads 9 pounds of boost, other than that its great. the hose iS long enough to reach. i zip tied every connection and it still only reads 9 pounds, any suggestions? I know for a fact that its not actually producing only nine pounds because i got it dynoed recently at two nineteen anyway does anyone have suggestions? SORRY FOR THE MESSED UP CAPS AND PUNTUATIONS, MY KEYBOARD IS SO MESSED UP.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Kevinedwards05 said:
I'm looking at adding a boost guage, but not really interested in the factory ladder type. Where can I find the escutcheon that mounts a guage to the door/windshield post? Is this a factory part, or strictly aftermarket?
People are using an Eagle Talon pod and molding it to the pillar. They are meant for 2 gauges, though. I've seen someone use a single pod, but it really does not fit as well as the 2 pod. That may be because he had it mounted very high on the pillar, though.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Redline686 said:
well, i got your guy's info a little late, i drilled through the firewall and it worked fine except for the fact that it only reads 9 pounds of boost, other than that its great. the hose iS long enough to reach. i zip tied every connection and it still only reads 9 pounds, any suggestions? I know for a fact that its not actually producing only nine pounds because i got it dynoed recently at two nineteen anyway does anyone have suggestions? SORRY FOR THE MESSED UP CAPS AND PUNTUATIONS, MY KEYBOARD IS SO MESSED UP.
I'd check and double check your connection in the back of the boost gauge. What did the fittings look like for it? Mine had a small brass cyl. that fit over the gauge's line. Then was sandwiched inbetween the gauge's input, and the fitting that screwed onto the gauge. Your's the same?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts