Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new project under way it's just like the AEM intake minus no performance filter included....yet.

And its a sraight bend there are no curves in it like the AEM one.

Click here to see Video

Price will be $85
And I would recconmend the K&N drop in filter if someone could post the model # of that filter I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well straight from K&N it's $62 im guessing there has to be a better place to get it from a little cheaper. But your looking at $147 for the same thing as AEM short Ram.

Is there any interest in these or should i just not bother makeing any.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was just hoping somone would try to make an intake that retained the stock air box...hyes!

The price however, is too much. Like you said, for $140 I might as well get an AEM. DOH!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
InsideOut said:
I was just hoping somone would try to make an intake that retained the stock air box...hyes!

The price however, is too much. Like you said, for $140 I might as well get an AEM. DOH!
It's the same thing as AEM except AEM's bends mine is a straight 90 degree bend and cheaper. Why would you pay more for the AEM one???

·
Registered
3 Posts
InsideOut said:

I just did an intake mod today. $25 for a generic cone filter. All you have to do is remove the top of the intake box where the stock filter is. remove the filter, bore a 1" hole into the intake tube and put the MAF sensor in the hole and attach the new filter. It takes about 20 min to do.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
sirpilsofd said:
I just did an intake mod today. $25 for a generic cone filter. All you have to do is remove the top of the intake box where the stock filter is. remove the filter, bore a 1" hole into the intake tube and put the MAF sensor in the hole and attach the new filter. It takes about 20 min to do.
Good luck not throwing any codes, cuz from what's been discussed on here in the past, if the angle of the maf is off by even a fraction of a centimeter, you will throw a code. So, good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
korax123 said:
It's the same thing as AEM except AEM's bends mine is a straight 90 degree bend and cheaper. Why would you pay more for the AEM one???
Well the only reason I would personally pay more for the AEM is if it came with a C.A.R.B. number. I live in the Bay Area and quite a few of the cops around here are very picky when it comes to modded compacts. Ive even had a cop once bust out a freshly printed booklet that contained all the brands/models of intakes that obtained a legal CARB number to check and see if my Injen intake was "legal".

Anyway, I think youre doing a great job with these intakes...when the time comes, Ill seriously consider going with one of yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
Good luck not throwing any codes, cuz from what's been discussed on here in the past, if the angle of the maf is off by even a fraction of a centimeter, you will throw a code. So, good luck.
Two other guys have done the same mod and no code thrown. And even if it does throw one just get a code reader and adjust acoordingly.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yea, I've Done The $25 Mod Intake....with 3 Other Rl's Around My Area....no Problems Thus Far

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
well dont tell me you drilled a hole in the stock tubing for the maf. if so that was just stupid, no offence, but you leave the top of the box on and use the maf that way. 1) it keeps everything normal so incase you have to go back to stock you wont have to fill in any holes, 2) keeping the stock top half of the box on makes it easier to put the cone on if you have some sticky back foam and rap it around the plastic tubing then twist the filter on, it keeps a great seal and doesnt silp off no matter how hard you shake it. 3) its been said that the lid help a little bit with the heat issue, but im finding that it really doesnt that well. 4) it already keeps the maf at the exact angle that it needs to be so there is no chance of codes getting thrown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts