Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right click and save as!!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/shoct/SHOvsRED.WMV

I lost, but still a good race, and a good video! I'd say his Redline is very comparable to an SRT-4. The SRT might SLIGHTLY edge him out, but it would be super close.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I like it. Nice clear clips except for 1 race that kind of went out focus, but nice. Very good race. Adding to my huge collection of racing clips.

Now to compare the RL you raced to an SRT-4 on a clip. This should be proof on how much they compete since there's always a war on that subject.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sweet vid guys! I've always liked the SHO's (primarily the '92-'95, although I like the '97-'99's too although they're marginally slower).

·
Banned
189 Posts
SLoW_SHO_316 said:
Right click and save as!!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ill2/shoct/SHOvsRED.WMV

I lost, but still a good race, and a good video! I'd say his Redline is very comparable to an SRT-4. The SRT might SLIGHTLY edge him out, but it would be super close.
A slight edge more like a half second faster just the srt 4 harder to drive.If both have perfect drivers which they never do i know that the srt 4 will walk a rl ss stock for stock.u gonna need more then a header an intake to keep up with one like the people on this forum think.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
silver05srt4 said:
A slight edge more like a half second faster just the srt 4 harder to drive.If both have perfect drivers which they never do i know that the srt 4 will walk a rl ss stock for stock.u gonna need more then a header an intake to keep up with one like the people on this forum think.
I am going to disagree here - I test drove an SRT-4 that was nicely broken in before I bought the Redline, and I have to say it was actually a little easier to drive - the clutch works a little more progressively, and there was nowhere near as much wheel hop. Plus, first gear is more manageable in the SRT; in the Redline, if you put your foot down, 1st is gone, in the SRT you have a couple of seconds to think.

As far as the races, very nice; my buddy just bought a 1995 SHO 4A so we should be racing in the near future.

·
Banned
189 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
I am going to disagree here - I test drove an SRT-4 that was nicely broken in before I bought the Redline, and I have to say it was actually a little easier to drive - the clutch works a little more progressively, and there was nowhere near as much wheel hop. Plus, first gear is more manageable in the SRT; in the Redline, if you put your foot down, 1st is gone, in the SRT you have a couple of seconds to think.

As far as the races, very nice; my buddy just bought a 1995 SHO 4A so we should be racing in the near future.
Wheel hop worse in neon

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Man, dosen't this guy get tired of even other SRT owners telling him he's an idiot?

·
Registered
221 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:

I have not driven a redline, so I can't speak for them, but in my srt, I don't
have wheel hop(solid motor mounts), but I did pretty bad before I got them.

oh and if I put my foot down in 1st or 2nd, smoke will be billowing out of my
wheel wells all day long. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
The auto's are much slower :( you should spank him.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
SLoW_SHO_316 said:
The auto's are much slower :( you should spank him.
Yeah, I'll probably spank him. However, I've heard that the autos they put in those cars are virtually bulletproof and will stand up to anything. He should have the tags on it tonight so we can hopefully take a ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Yeah, I'll probably spank him. However, I've heard that the autos they put in those cars are virtually bulletproof and will stand up to anything. He should have the tags on it tonight so we can hopefully take a ride.
Someone was bullshitting you lol. Those autos suck. If you beat on them they will brake, easily.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Man those are some close races there. Like the run where he missed a gear that was it. Some minor weight reduction and that SHO would be a machine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts