1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
I
7,839 Posts
Good job on the video. Sounds good with the exhaust and intake done. I personally thing the TD is useless for wheelhop, i would go with SMM if you don't mind some vibrations. Just out of curiosity, what exactly is an AEM airbox mod on the SS?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all4glh said:
Good job on the video. Sounds good with the exhaust and intake done. I personally thing the TD is useless for wheelhop, i would go with SMM if you don't mind some vibrations. Just out of curiosity, what exactly is an AEM airbox mod on the SS?
Yeah the TD doesn't do shit. Once I get new tires I'll see how much wheel hop I still have before doing anything else.

As far as the AEM Airbox Mod, here it is:

All we did was open the airbox, and put in a new filter. In this case we cut off a side of it to allow more air in. It's EXACTLY the same as an aftermarket CAI except without the shiny pipe that conducts heat (unlike the stock one).

·
I
7,839 Posts
Ahh, kind of like the poor mans intake that some people did to the RL. Nice job, it looks easier than the injen I put into a buddies SS/SC.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Great videos man!!!

Now that makes me wish I had the GMPP exhaust & Stage 2....lol
Sounds awesome!!! ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
all4glh said:
Ahh, kind of like the poor mans intake that some people did to the RL. Nice job, it looks easier than the injen I put into a buddies SS/SC.
Definitely not a poor mans intake. It's a logical one. Why spend 250 bucks on a shiny pipe? It is and works the same way if not better than an aftermarket CAI.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
does your SS/SC have the G85 package??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
snobrdrdan said:
does your SS/SC have the G85 package??
Yes it does

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
And last thing....what's the part number for that filter???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To The Top

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
How do you clean those "dryflow" filters??

what do you use?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
snobrdrdan said:
How do you clean those "dryflow" filters??

what do you use?
I'm not sure...my buddy who got me into it is out of town until Friday - I'll ask him then

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Hey man...is that the Sport or the Touring GMPP exhaust???

In your opinion, would you consider it "loud" at all???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
snobrdrdan said:
Hey man...is that the Sport or the Touring GMPP exhaust???

In your opinion, would you consider it "loud" at all???
It's the sport.

My exhaust is not loud compared to the others out there. It's a good median...it's loud when you get on it, and quiet when you're cruising. It's very easy to live with for an everyday driver. A buddy of mine has the Megan Exhaust which is 2.5" piping vs 2.25" and it's extremely loud...you can't even hear the supercharger whine. :killtard:

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
yeah I thought it was the Sport....thanks

How would you compare it to the stock exhaust.......like outside versus inside the car vs. stock????

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
snobrdrdan said:
yeah I thought it was the Sport....thanks

How would you compare it to the stock exhaust.......like outside versus inside the car vs. stock????
Besides being amplified, the tone of the exhaust is much lower. Inside the car, when you're in low RPMs you can hear it clearly but as you climb to 5500, 6000 RPMs the supercharger whine drowns it out. If you look at my videos you can see how it sounds under WOT. I can't comment that much on the stock exhaust because I only drove it for 500 miles before doing all of the upgrades.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I like what you've done. I didn't realize the intensity of the s/c whine with a CAI or "airbox" mod. I may have to consider the airbox mod except that it's kinda irreversible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RL_Clark said:
I like what you've done. I didn't realize the intensity of the s/c whine with a CAI or "airbox" mod. I may have to consider the airbox mod except that it's kinda irreversible.
No it's completely reversible. Just don't modify the box (Like I did in the photos) and replace the filter. You can always put the stock filter back in and close the box. You will still get the same effect, I just wanted to let more air pass in.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts