Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have leased my car and currently pay extra for the replacement warranty...i was wondering what sort of things void it...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
fenderdan412 said:
i have leased my car and currently pay extra for the replacement warranty...i was wondering what sort of things void it...
this might help you start to find out, also look up the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
If you leased it, you typically have to return it to normal when the lease is over...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool....so they technically have to prove that the aftermarket part is what caused the problem....

·
Registered
681 Posts
Technically - here's the deal, guys. They can void your warranty if your car is modified - it reads so right in your manual. You can fight it with the help of Mag-Moss or a good lemon law attorney, but that takes time and patience (and money, in some cases).

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just for reference, I've been an expert witness in over 6,300 lemon law and breach of warranty cases in the past 5 years, with over 3,000 of those being GM cases. You can say "it's not fair" all you want, but just understand that if you modify your ride, your take your chances on warranty denials.

·
Registered
252 Posts
with that being said, what if the mods are done From the Dealer? ie LSD.

would it void the warrenty then?

·
Registered
681 Posts
If the mods are done by the dealer, using Saturn or GM Performance parts, then no, there's no problem.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
going to the dealer you pretty much pay for the extra warranty just paying for the parts and labor itself (pricey)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
warranty isnt shiz when they see your tires and say you "abused" your car that is why Gm will soon go out of business i give em 10 mabe 15 years then they will be done f*****'s. They will look for any excuse to say u screwed you warranty unless the know for a fact that is was on them, different story. you put in a aftermarket cd player and your alternator goes they will blame it on that even thoe you know a cd player will not do that! honda is one company that is laid about stuff like this toyota also ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
EVERY manufacturer has the same rules, but some service managers enforce the rules stronger than others, especially when a customer's attitude is involved. You go into the place acting like a jerk, there's a much better chance than you'll get slammed.

EVERY manufacturer also fights lemon law and breach of warranty suits tooth and nail - customer service, my ass. Of course, if they rolled over and played dead and treated a car buyback like a refund or return at Target or Wal-Mart, I'd be out of a very nice primary income source.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Hey Jim, off topic, but you should smack fenderdan for taking your avatar. And thanks for whoever posted the link the the sema page.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i've owned a modified Z28 LS1 and modified 2.2 ecotec cavalier. NEVER had a problem with GM denying anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts