Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out delivering pizzas last night when i see a vr-4 a few cars up...ofcourse i chase him down and start to screw around with him.. i get ahead of him and figure he doesnt want to play untill outta nowhere from about 3 cars back he guns it ...once hes even with me i drop it into second at about 45 and go....since he had a 3 car jump on me ofcourse he flies right by but 5 or 6 seconds later i noticed he wasnt going anywhere and i actually was pulling on him...i know this is hard to believe considering vr-4's are pretty powerful but i actually was pulling on him... we shut down about 100mph if we woulda gone to 120 i woulda been able to stare the guy right in the face....im sure of this because we did it again and the same thing happened he fell b ack floored it and i cought up to him... he gave the thumbs up and said hed have to order from aurileos from now on haha

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
They're also heavy as a tank! I pulled one of the regluar SL's all the way to about 50mph in my old SC2, used to see the guy daily on my way to work. Did it to him 3-4 times.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
They're powerful, but heavy, but not as fast as you'd think. They're about as fast as our cars, maybe a little faster stock (just like the srt4 is) but it'd still be a good race against a stock vr4 or twin turbo stealth (pretty much the same car). 320 hp on about 3700lb car. These cars are capable of a lot of tuning (I know, just like every car) but their aftermarket is pretty large. So people that still have them most likely aren't running it stock. Twin turbo, all wheel drive, all wheel steering, 3 different computer controlled suspension settings (all this stock) all add up to lots of possibilities for tuning ;) . I've wanted either the Mitsu or the Dodge ever since they've come out. One day I will buy one, fix it up and tune it good. One day...
Good race though. Sounds like the guy was racing you pretty strangely...dropping back and then going...that's one fast way to deliver your pizzas though, 100+mph.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
For the amount of money they charged for those things new, I wouldn't be suprised if the alot of those things were still stock, and owned by the original owners. My boss had one right when they came out, all decked out, had the front and rear spoilers that were adjustable from the drivers seat, etc. He paid almost $50,000 for that thing. He would routinely get embaressed by people driving Corvettes. Pretty funny since I'm a huge Chevy guy, and used to race every Chevy he would see with me in the car. It used to do a good job taking Camaros, but not Vettes...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sp00ner said:
He would routinely get embaressed by people driving Corvettes....
Yeah but a corvette can't launch just as hard in the rain and snow. I love the VR4's and the Stealth R/T's.

Very cool car with lots of potential.Kind of like our cars :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
3000gt vr-4 I dont think the galant had all the goodies did it?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
had to be the 3000, actually the galant vr-4 is fast too, i've lost to one, but then my car went into "limp" mode when trying to go from a roll

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was a red vr4 300gt with a carbonfiber hood thats all i could make out

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Vita said:
had to be the 3000, actually the galant vr-4 is fast too, i've lost to one, but then my car went into "limp" mode when trying to go from a roll
I haven't heard of Galant vr-4s. What are they all about and what years were they made? I'll have to check them out to see what they're all about....

·
Registered
291 Posts
the galant vr-4 where made in the late 80's early 90's somehting like that they had all wheel drive, all wheel steering and twin turbos i belive. it's was a total sleeper

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 91-95 VR4's are high 13 second, low 14 second cars.... depending on the driver... and considering its an old car, probably much slower now. The 96 + were low 13 sec cars and competition for LS1 cars.

I would love to have one but they have that expensive AWD system that breaks when you launc has hard as I would.

·
Registered
17 Posts
3000gt's in general are expensive as hell to fix, but if you've got the cash I guess the vr-4s can really haul. Kid I know just bought a 3000gt base model (or the next step up? not the vr-4) for $6500 (It's a 97), and those weren't turbocharged and had rwd, am I correct?

·
Registered
291 Posts
nope there front wheel drive

1 - 16 of 16 Posts