Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
the HepKitty
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were we both turning on the highway, which has a two lane entry, he was next to me and he stepped on it and so did I.

I put about a car on him and kept it till about 80 then he wound up putting around 2 cars on me at about 100, we stayed in it and at 120 I caught him and went around him and put several cars on him, last I checked my speedo I was doing 130mph....

It was the funniest thing, as his mullet was blowing angryly in the wind.
This little freeway eventually has a stop light which we both hit, I admit I laughed and honked at him, he didn't even look my way but he did have a goofy smile on his face...

it was a competative race that had several led changes, his car sucks up top.

I don't know much about it, it was a black Stingray somewhere in the 70's I think.. Again I don't know much about these cars, it was obvious it was a older one.

·
Registered
681 Posts
That's freakin hilarious. Of course, if it's a later '70s Vette, the most power it could have is around 170, but those Corvette folks are like Camaro owners - they think that because SOME Camaros/Corvettes are fast and sexy, they're ALL fast and sexy, and it ain't so...

·
the HepKitty
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim Lewis said:
That's freakin hilarious. Of course, if it's a later '70s Vette, the most power it could have is around 170, but those Corvette folks are like Camaro owners - they think that because SOME Camaros/Corvettes are fast and sexy, they're ALL fast and sexy, and it ain't so...

This one was tired and just made alot of noise....

It had nothing after 110 as I started pulling hard till i easily past him, and I know he was still on it becuase of the black smoke and all the noise...

dude was in his late 40's or early 50's....

·
Registered
681 Posts
Priceless - worn out hairstyle in a worn out car, and the dude's still posin' hard.....

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
they think that because SOME Camaros/Corvettes are fast and sexy, they're ALL fast and sexy, and it ain't so...
I would like to expand that beyond simply the owners. I notice it particulalry with people who dont know much about cars but "know" certain cars are fast. I notice it mostly with people and Mustangs. I will throw out an example for you. I was golfing with a friend of mine (dosn't know crap about cars) and I told him I was going to the strip with my friend who had an 03 mustang GT (btw this was with my firebird). He mentioned I was gonna get destroyed. Told him no way and he was just like " No way its a mustang!" Its like that with everybody. Especially with girls who don't know any better.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah altho i like it, when i mention i have a mustang GT, people are like "man that must be fast" LOL...well faster then some but will get there ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
i once raced a guy with a mustang convertabile. he was like your neon sucks i was like ok mr. cool guy, lets go(i had intake, cat back, lowered,plugs and wires) so we take off at the light and to amazment i ketp up with him. hehe i was laughin soo hard at him.

·
Registered
289 Posts
PocketViper said:
OMFG! :eek: Thanks, I won't be able to sleep for a week with that image in my head. Nor, will I be able to see a stang or F body now without LMAO. That is just too much! :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
where do you get these pix pocketviper. I see your work everywhere. Rofl everytime.

·
Registered
94 Posts
every kind of car has its bad owners...

Give the Red Line and Cobalt long enough and there will even be some of them...

"Hey dude I beat a LS1 Formula in my Red Line, it even said firebird on the side"...

hmmm....

No doubt there are some bad f-body owners, but i tend to only see mullets assosiated with 3rd gen(80s) f-bodies and late C3-early C4 Corvettes... And people do tend to think mustnags are fast, i tried to tell a guy I work with about me beating a 05' Mustang Gt pretty bad(worse than any of the later last models I've raced)... And he was like "yeah right they are really fast"...

Completely ignoring I have the horsepower the GT has at the crank at my wheels and weigh less...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
There was a red formula that pulled in here Friday, had Firbird right on the side.... maybe it was an engine swap....

What were you driving LittleMT, which car? The 'fast' model in '77 had 190hp.... mine had the 170hp monster in it. If he had the auto, it's gonna completely fall on it's face at 100mph. I'm not totally sure where mine is, horsepower wise right now, but I'm pretty sure my Redline would take it. Not off the line, but not too far after that.

They sure do look nice though...

·
Registered
94 Posts
For the last f*ckin' time... No FORMULA has FIREBIRD on the side... IF it is a FORMULA it says FORMULA on the side... If it is a FIREBIRD it says FIREBIRD on the side...

And it seems like everytime I see a debate like this it turns into "Well it must have been a swap"...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
ThatChevyGuy said:
For the last f*ckin' time... No FORMULA has FIREBIRD on the side... IF it is a FORMULA it says FORMULA on the side... If it is a FIREBIRD it says FIREBIRD on the side...

And it seems like everytime I see a debate like this it turns into "Well it must have been a swap"...
I don't really care what you say, I'm just telling you what was in the parking lot. You guys were talking about it, I went to lunch, it pulled in, I looked in my rearview, said firebird, it parked. I got out of the car at the end of lunch, looked down the parking lot, it had the formula sticker on the back. Your belief in my story does not change the true/false value of it. Sorry...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hmmm - funny, but the Formula, Trans Am, and even the Firehawk (SLP) aree ALL Firebirds, just with different option packages. Just like a Z-28 or RS is still a Camaro, and the Cobra is a Mustang....No need to get so uppity, especially over a car with a screaming chicken on the hood, made famous by Burt Reynolds in a 1978 movie...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Here's one I found scouring the web...

Sorry the pic of the car is so small...

The heading for the pic was selling things for 98-02 Firebird Formulas.

Attachments

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Seems like even if they didn't have the Firebird badge, any idiot could glue on on huh? Kinda like the quad coupe I saw with the Redline wing on it, or the girl with GoofyGuy's trunk lid and Redline badging.

·
the HepKitty
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sp00ner said:
There was a red formula that pulled in here Friday, had Firbird right on the side.... maybe it was an engine swap....

What were you driving LittleMT, which car? The 'fast' model in '77 had 190hp.... mine had the 170hp monster in it. If he had the auto, it's gonna completely fall on it's face at 100mph. I'm not totally sure where mine is, horsepower wise right now, but I'm pretty sure my Redline would take it. Not off the line, but not too far after that.

They sure do look nice though...

I was in the Ragtop!!!! Getting gone Daddy-o!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ok let me reword that:

FROM THE FACTORY Formulas have FORMULA on the side...

Now what the owner decides to do with the badges after that is up to him...

For instance I had a Z28 that didn't have Z28 badges on it, because the previous owner got side-swapped and when he got it repainted instead of ordering a new one for the side he was hit on, he removed them all...

Now if I was to say "I had a Z28 that didn't have badges so some of them didn't come with Z28 badges," I would be wrong...

Saying from the factory a Formula had Firebird badges is wrong...

Yes all Trans Ams/Formulas/Firehawks are Firebirds, but none of them come with firebird badges... Only the base V6 version does...

F-bodies are my life, I'm 20 and have owned three V8 f-bodies already:

A 91' Camaro RS project car(built by myself, my brother, and my dad)... We all had a hand in it, but my name was on the title(so taxes would be cheaper)... We sold it in fall of 03' and it had around 425rwhp when we sold it...

A 96' Z28(bought when I was 17 the summer before my senior year, sold in March for the Trans Am) with a swapped LS1(done by previous owner)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ls1se...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

And now a 99' Trans Am
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ls1se...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

and at 20 I'd put my knowlegde of them against anyone...

1 - 20 of 143 Posts