Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently got a 2006 saturn ion, not a redline, i would like to put a more powerful engine in it.
i need help knowing what engine to get and just any other help or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated
maybe its better to keep the engine and just add more power?
all help and opinions are welcome

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
There are really way to many possiblites to your question, unless you have an end goal in mind I could give you a thousand ways to get more power that would range from a few hundred to few hundred thousand dollars. If you just want more power look at getting tune and/or smaller pully. If you want LOTS of power then yes an full engine swap would help but that takes a LOT of money. I would really think about what you want from your car and then come back with more details, and a budge idea too.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
There are really way to many possiblites to your question, unless you have an end goal in mind I could give you a thousand ways to get more power that would range from a few hundred to few hundred thousand dollars. If you just want more power look at getting tune and/or smaller pully. If you want LOTS of power then yes an full engine swap would help but that takes a LOT of money. I would really think about what you want from your car and then come back with more details, and a budge idea too.
He listed not a redline. There are things you can do but it would be cheaper to sell it and find a redline. This topic has come up a number of times. The 2.2/2.4 aren't rated as well as the lsj 2.0 for hp. You will spend more money trying to fix up your ion and still have an inferior car because the redline isn't only engine upgraded but upgraded all around.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
He listed not a redline. There are things you can do but it would be cheaper to sell it and find a redline. This topic has come up a number of times. The 2.2/2.4 aren't rated as well as the lsj 2.0 for hp. You will spend more money trying to fix up your ion and still have an inferior car because the redline isn't only engine upgraded but upgraded all around.
Yea missed that, but still the advice stand minus the smaller pulley.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Prices are pretty cheap, too. Most are going for between $4K-$5K with some under 100K miles.
I would like to get one of each color for each year ....

each one tuned and modified different

...one day :smile2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would like to get one of each color for each year ....

each one tuned and modified different

...one day :smile2:
That would be amazing, I hope someone does this... I would love an 06 or 07 black redline with competition package one day. With a Harrop 1320 :) Such a rare gem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts