Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy passenger rear emergency brake cable and will also buy drivers side one as well as the part is discontinued I can’t get it at any parts stores. Would appreciate if anyone has one available! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
I thought I saw them on rock auto recently?
Cobalt ss ones are actually an upgrade to ours as well if you happen to come across those

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I saw them on rock auto recently?
Cobalt ss ones are actually an upgrade to ours as well if you happen to come across those
I saw the ones on rock auto but they’re actually incorrectly listed for the Saturn ion redlines. The ones on rock auto are made for the Saturn ion 1,2,3 and do not fit the redlines. I haven’t tried the cobalt SS cables but I read somewhere on this forum that you had to swap a couple other parts of the cable to use the cobalt SS cable on the redline as well? I had trouble finding all the parts the listed to swap in stock anywhere unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
I think it was something like the sleeves on them? But any delta car with rear disc should work. Hit up a junk yard for an hhr or newer cobalt maybe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve had some trouble locating a cobalt SS and redlines at junkyards around my area. Even searched some used parts junk yard sites and couldn’t find much. A lot of the junk yards around me just pull parts themselves then crush the vehicle and don’t keep little parts like brake cables and stuff which has been the other issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts