Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that WWW.snoperformance.net sells a water injection kit for our Redlines for $399.00 and these kits are consistantly putting out 35-40 whp from a stock vehicle.

Just think what kind of power you can get w/ just a good exh, CAI, smaller pulley and ECU flash program.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
bad link. . .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Qoute from their website

"Variable Controller that varies the quantity injected vs. boost. This allows maximum power at all RPM/boost levels as just the right amount is injected at all times. Features include adjustments for onset boost level and full quantity boost level. (See Variable Controller in “products” for a full list of benefits)."

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
wolfeman1981 said:
Qoute from their website

"Variable Controller that varies the quantity injected vs. boost. This allows maximum power at all RPM/boost levels as just the right amount is injected at all times. Features include adjustments for onset boost level and full quantity boost level. (See Variable Controller in “products” for a full list of benefits)."
the coolingmist one does the same thing I believe.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
and isn't the cooling mist one going to be pre-calibrated? (isn't it the one navymitch (i think) was working on?)

and is this one pre-calibrated so we don't have to bother fine tuning levels, etc.

if not then it's just a general kit, so they shouldn't advertise as being for the RL...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, so is the kit from DvlDoc that NavyMitch is using as well. I'd go with his at this point, if for no other reason than the fact that hes here alot, and NavyMitch seems to think he's got great service.... Plus, we'll have a first hand tester/experience report.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Look at the sum of the parts and compare the prices. Do you really want the least advaced controller on the market (It's all old analog technology) It's like comparing a record player to a cd player), no in car tuning, no built in warning systems like current sensing, clogged nozzle detection, ect.

Compare the fittings, hose quality, forum and support and make your desision from there.

Check out the SRT forum they have a very informative water injection section from people with a variety of different kits.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
dvldoc said:
Look at the sum of the parts and compare the prices. Do you really want the least advaced controller on the market (It's all old analog technology) It's like comparing a record player to a cd player), no in car tuning, no built in warning systems like current sensing, clogged nozzle detection, ect.

Compare the fittings, hose quality, forum and support and make your desision from there.

Check out the SRT forum they have a very informative water injection section from people with a variety of different kits.
...and there he is! :D

I think this the guy to talk to if you want to go this route. I'm VERY seriously considering it after I get my G-Tech... but nothing before it. I've been looking at these injection kits for weeks now, and the technology is all similar. The quality and the level of interaction with the system is all that seems to be different.

Good quality + configurable system + constant customer servce = Sp00ner's money + references...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
dvldoc said:

what is the cost of your kit anyways?

·
Registered
367 Posts
dvldoc's is approx 300 american i believe, after i get a K&N CAI and i've got the brace installed i'll be saving to order his kit, after that i'll be ordering a 3.25 pulley, and changing plugs & wires .... hopefully by then we will have a header available, and i'll do the exhaust at the same time.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
MotorMouth said:
Ummmm....We don't have wires......
That still messes me up....

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Sp00ner said:
That still messes me up....
Haha. You should've seen peoples faces when I should them the engine. "Dude, you don't got any plugs! Is this electrical or somethin!?" "Nope, coil on plug style baby" "Never heard of it, you just playing with me" "Fine, wanna test your gas powered engine vs my 'electrical' powered engine?" "Sure, its just a stock saturn" "Right you are, lets go"...and well, ya'll can figure out the rest from there :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
XeroState said:
Haha. You should've seen peoples faces when I should them the engine. "Dude, you don't got any plugs! Is this electrical or somethin!?" "Nope, coil on plug style baby" "Never heard of it, you just playing with me" "Fine, wanna test your gas powered engine vs my 'electrical' powered engine?" "Sure, its just a stock saturn" "Right you are, lets go"...and well, ya'll can figure out the rest from there :D
Haha, just tell 'em that blower whine is the electric motor winding up :eek: :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
ah we are coil on plug? well **** me in the goat @** .... lol, i remember in auto mechanics my teacher talking about cars set up like that, i acutally do remember looking at this thing trying to find them and not being able to, that explains it. :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Moosehead115 said:
ah we are coil on plug?
Yup, coil on plug or individual coil pack or what ever it's technical name is.

well **** me in the goat @** .... lol
OMG, I love the Adam Sandler goat :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts