Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it goin guys,

Im new to the forum and was wondering if anyone can help me figure out what my problem might be. There is this circular thing bolted behind my glove compartment that leaks water when i turn and occasionaly once the car is stationary. What is that piece and is it something that i need to take care of urgently? i just took the car into the dealer last week and spent about $800 doing a bunch of repairs on the car, and now this.

If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated .

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
behind the glove compartment is the cabin air filter. maybe that will help lol, if you haven't changed it yet have a saturn dealer do it, and maybe they'll just clean everything up while in there

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
He said circular thing behind glove box. The cabin filter is square and in the glovebox.
have you ever seen the cabin air filter, or behind the glove box?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The rounded portion behind/below the glove box is your blower motor. I'd be willing to bet that your HVAC box drain is clogged or blocked and the water from the evaporator core is pooling up inside of the HVAC case. One of the lower points being the blower motor housing "round thing" behind/below the glove box. What sort of work did you have done to your car?

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
nice, my glove box got ripped off (long story) so i haven't had one for a few days.. its weird till the new one comes in

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Yeah, probably the filter.

I took my cabin filter out OVER a year ago and havent replaced anything, so there is nothing in there. But ive had no problems :shrug03:

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
Yeah, probably the filter.

I took my cabin filter out OVER a year ago and havent replaced anything, so there is nothing in there. But ive had no problems :shrug03:
you are breathing in some dirty, dirty air. that's about it. imagine what the inside of your lungs look like? a dirty air filter.....

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
all the cabin filter does is help keep smells from entering the cab, has no other true function
Have you ever looked at them? After 8 months mine was so dirty the fan was pumping almost no air into my car so I took them out and shook most of the stuff out of them. It was like a sand/dirt box had fallen into my HVAC system.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
How hard are they to change?
It's supposed to be pretty easy, just push on the sides of the glove compartment until it pops down, then flip 3 locks and pull it out. I've never done it but I believe that's the procedure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rounded portion behind/below the glove box is your blower motor. I'd be willing to bet that your HVAC box drain is clogged or blocked and the water from the evaporator core is pooling up inside of the HVAC case. One of the lower points being the blower motor housing "round thing" behind/below the glove box. What sort of work did you have done to your car?

Any ideas on how to fix this? I have the same leak. Leaking out of the wiring harness on the bottom of the fan motor!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts