Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you guys ever seen these???? The only way i will end up getting a cold air intake is if i get one of these!!!!!!!!!! if not i have to wait for ram air :(

It fits right over the filter and blocks some water like a glove :) please someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
83 Posts
what you do is cut that into your intake about 6" form your MAF so if your intake cone submerges in a puddle the air sucks out of the "sleve" and not out of the cone in the water.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
or just get a bypass valve from AEM.

·
Registered
674 Posts
goofyguy said:
or just get a bypass valve from AEM.
I got this from AEM's site:
AEM does not recommend the use of the bypass valve on engines equipped with forced induction (turbo or superchargers). Additionally, using nitrous oxide in a placement before the bypass valve is dangerous due to fuel contamination of the foam spring/filter as well as degradation of the integrity of the plastic due to the extremely cold temperature of the nitrous oxide. Nitrous can be used downstream of the bypass valve.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
MotorMouth said:
I got this from AEM's site:
beat me to it by a longshot

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The K&N Intake system comes with one. So if you buy the K&N intake you'll be set, not sure if they sell them seperatly though.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You guys are WAY too worried about water being sucked in... Have you looked at the way our stock one pulls in air? You could suck the water up that tube, just like anything else... I'm not saying it dosen't happen, but haven't met ANYONE personally, that has had it happen to them. Every place gets rain, particuarly the Gulf states and the Midwest in spring.

Where does the intake of the K&N filter end up? Looks like it's higher off the ground than the stock one is...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Where does the intake of the K&N filter end up? Looks like it's higher off the ground than the stock one is...
It ends up being in about the same place as the stock tube. If you suck water in with the filter that high I think you got bigger problems than just sucking the water in.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Not to mention, everything that I looked up said it only occurs when the filter is nearly totally submerged... if that's the case, you're gonna need alot of help anyway...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
LOL!!! Yeah, if your filter is completely submerged in water, you don't need a sock. You need to call the fire department to come rescue your, going through a low water crossing after a big rain, dumb ass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts