Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just a couple questions on care care.
1. What wax/cleaning products do you use
2. Do you know any good Web site with "how to" information
3. what do you use to clean the interior dash, doors (on the inside) and leather trim
4. clean stains from the seats (I spilled coffe and can't get it out)

BTW;
I used Mr Clean car wash and it works well. It really dries spot free.
Also I used Simonize tire treatment. looks great and gives the tires a nice black wet shine and it's so easy to put on.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
zaino all the way they make a cleaning product for almost every part of the car and i use all of them

·
Registered
305 Posts
geokots said:
Hi guys, just a couple questions on care care.
1. What wax/cleaning products do you use
2. Do you know any good Web site with "how to" information
3. what do you use to clean the interior dash, doors (on the inside) and leather trim
4. clean stains from the seats (I spilled coffe and can't get it out)

BTW;
I used Mr Clean car wash and it works well. It really dries spot free.
Also I used Simonize tire treatment. looks great and gives the tires a nice black wet shine and it's so easy to put on.
Mr. Clean Auto dry car wash does work awesome. And it leaves the car soooooo shiny!! :D

I have to tell you, I picked up some Oxi-clean spray from Armor All and it works AWESOME for stains on auto cloth. I got all the salt out of my floor carpet and pizza grease/cheese that spilt on the passenger seat. Can't even tell anything happened. So if you want to get out that coffee stain try an Oxi-clean spray made for cars.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Some of the guys on here were big on the clay bars, always heard good things about them, might take it to her this weekend. Other than that, I've always used Meguiars 3-step system. Cleaner, polish, and wax. Takes about 2-3 hours total, but the effect is great!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys.
I've heard great things about Zaino and mught try that. The problem with Zaino is they have so many products. ZFX & Z1 - Z18.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Coffee stains! I worked at Starbucks for 4 years... what advice can I give here... How about some good 'ol fashioned laudry soap, in a steam cleaner? Or just a steam cleaner. I've always had good luck getting them out of darker colored clothes with just a good run through the washing machine. I believe the last time I spilled in the car, I just used warm water, and the steam cleaner solution, in a steam cleaner, a real small steam cleaner, and just went at it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sp00ner said:
Coffee stains! I worked at Starbucks for 4 years... what advice can I give here... How about some good 'ol fashioned laudry soap, in a steam cleaner? Or just a steam cleaner. I've always had good luck getting them out of darker colored clothes with just a good run through the washing machine. I believe the last time I spilled in the car, I just used warm water, and the steam cleaner solution, in a steam cleaner, a real small steam cleaner, and just went at it.
Thanks Sp00ner, I'll try that. I think my girlfriend might have a small steam cleaner. I need to get this out because where the stain is it looks like my Depends leaked.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
geokots said:
Thanks Sp00ner, I'll try that. I think my girlfriend might have a small steam cleaner. I need to get this out because where the stain is it looks like my Depends leaked.
It shouldnt be too hard, since the seats are a darker color and they don't have a solid pattern on them. At the very least, you should be able to get it enough, that no one, other than yourself, should know they are there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've allways had god sucess and been happy with the look of 3M's Perfect-it II products. About the mid range for cost but a bit cheeper than Ziano products.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
My father and I have been using Mother's for a while. Really, I can't remember us using anything else, but it does work great...even though I really can't compare it to anything. (And no, I don't know which Mother's product it is as I believe they have many waxes, we don't start waxing our cars till about mid-May)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts