Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here is my whole story. I was driving home from work and I looked down at the speedometer, myself and the flow of traffic were doing 85 m.p.h.
I fell asleep when I woke up all traffic was stopped at a red light in front of me I had nowhere to go with it but to the left without smashing into cars I may be hurting someone or myself I probably would've killed myself because i wasnt wearing my seatbelt so I sideswiped two cars on the right side of the car and when I hit the curb on the left side driver front wheel I didn't hit nothing underneath no carriage no body nothing just the front wheel took all the impact of the hit.
When I had it towed back to my garage it wouldn't do anything cranking wise so I put a OBD reader on it. It gave the code for cam shaft sensor. I replaced that and to my disarray it now cranked a little bit but it was a VERY WEAK crank and a small backfire happened. It sounded like it jumped time to me. I put it in my garage and it has sat there for 2 years. I finally took it to a mechanic and he called me back saying it has internal engine failure. He said it jumped time and the crank was turning but the cams were not. I was advised to look for a new engine and he said he'd put it in for a $1k bill!!! if i were to get a good engine i could do the work my damn self. The mechanic said he finds it hard to believe hitting a curb would make it mess up whatever is broken inside the head, cam shafts, bent valves and whatever else. My question is has anyone ever experienced this type of problem with anything remotely similar to what i said caused the problem or even the problem itself. The car i love, everything works on it i.e., super charger and all the good stuff. the only code it is throwing now is the evap canister which has been on ever since owning the car. Oh, it is a 2006 Ion Redline. can anyone give me some suggestions on a cheaper fix or what i should take apart first, i guess it will be the valve cover. I want to drive my car but dont want to spend more than its worth trying to get it there. Please Help

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Where you located? Sounds like if it jumped you just need a head. I'll have 1 available this weekend/early next week (depending on when my new calipers come in, can't go pick parts up if my cars down).
Might be able to come up with a good motor if you rather go that route.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am in York, Pa. let me know.
I’m in Warrington pa ..... pretty sure ur close by and I can get a Saab 2.0 t complete engine for 500$ or I can get a parts car with good running engine for 900$ can do swap for u pretty much anywhere or u if u can come to me I have shop and lift down street from my home

1 - 6 of 6 Posts