Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took a test drive this weekend...afterwards, my '97 SC2 felt slooooow.

The RL at the dealership didn't have the competition package installed, but they're getting one over there so I can test that as well. Anyone have pics of a car with the competition package? I'm curious about how the painted wheels look, because I don't really like the sound of that. And having the LSD would be nice, though I'm wondering if the effort (noted below) is going to be worth the hassle.

I mention hassle, because it doesn't sound like there is a RL with the competition package in the color I want locally, so might have to see what they can find in other states.

Anyway! It was fun. I'm going to check around for close competitors, etc. but the RL is the one I'm most serious about. Will probably be testing a Cobalt SS, maybe a Celica, and an RSX soon. Maybe others as well. More details/experiences assuming people don't tell me to shut my pie hole. :)

Xian

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
xian said:
So, I took a test drive this weekend...afterwards, my '97 SC2 felt slooooow.

The RL at the dealership didn't have the competition package installed, but they're getting one over there so I can test that as well. Anyone have pics of a car with the competition package? I'm curious about how the painted wheels look, because I don't really like the sound of that. And having the LSD would be nice, though I'm wondering if the effort (noted below) is going to be worth the hassle.

I mention hassle, because it doesn't sound like there is a RL with the competition package in the color I want locally, so might have to see what they can find in other states.

Anyway! It was fun. I'm going to check around for close competitors, etc. but the RL is the one I'm most serious about. Will probably be testing a Cobalt SS, maybe a Celica, and an RSX soon. Maybe others as well. More details/experiences assuming people don't tell me to shut my pie hole. :)

Xian
The Competition Package Red Line is not out yet.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fascinating!

The representative was aware of the competition package, and said that he'd try to get one there. Perhaps he's not as up on the RL info as it had seemed. He also said that no more RLs were being produced for the year. Should I take it that this is not true either?

Xian
about to search the forums for more info on the package

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Personally I LOVE the looks of the Comp. Pkg wheels!
But I'm much less fond of the boost gage pod... yuk
IMO only a tach belongs there. If they were going to put something there they should have made it a driver selectable "multi-gauge" with selectable PIDs, TACH, boost,HO2S,various temps etc. etc.
Maybe even something like the Aeroforce unit from the thread in the Perf Mods forum?
http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2111
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

JMO
WOT

Attachments

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I like the idea of the ladder tach, just not sure I like the finished product... that Aeroforce gauge in there looks great though, that's what the hell should go there... it's like a whole diagnostic center for the car...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts