Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 saturn redline zzp stage 3, 80#injectors, e85, intake spacer, duel pass, fmhe,
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title says. I have a weird pop noise coming from the front end of my car while breaking coming to a stop, or taking off from a stop. I have replaced the following:
Both axles zzp.
Both struts.
Both control arms with ball joints.
Megan lowering springs.
Ottp rotated rear trans mount..
Sometimes it sounds like its coming from the left front and others the right front or center front. I cant really pin point it... wheel hubs are fine. it started doing this after I jacked the car up on one side while I was putting my stage kit on. There is no shaking when accelerating or cruising stearing is tight

·
Super Moderator
1,499 Posts
Sway bar bushings or sway bar links?

·
Registered
04 saturn redline zzp stage 3, 80#injectors, e85, intake spacer, duel pass, fmhe,
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually figured it out. It was my sub frame bolt that goes through my control arm. Wasn't tightened down all the way to spec I do have a bad sway bar link but it's not clunking I gotta order a new one and I'll swap it out later

·
Super Moderator
1,499 Posts
Ahhh yea. I didnt think of that either

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The ion suspension was /is very noisy even when new.

I find the redline to be a little better than the regular ions.

I never had a problem with the function , just noise and concern.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same noise when braking suddenly although at all speeds. At low speeds it is more noticeable especially driving around in the parking lot. I have the steel engine protection plate installed and will start with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts