Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
04 saturn redline zzp stage 3, 80#injectors, e85, intake spacer, duel pass, fmhe,
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so first off my mods are
2.7 pulley.
2.5in dp catless
3in cat back
Header.
80# injectors.
Tuned on e85
Front mount heat exchanger.
Phenolic spacer.
Duel pass.
Step colder plugs gapped at .30

So my issue started when I ran low on fuel and changed my plugs.. I've had an insain missfire at higher rpms like 5500 and while the car is at idle. If I start my car it idles rough and dies. If I start it back up it will idle rough and even its self out and jump around on the afr gauge from 14 and goes to 20 at times

While the car is at idle my afr will read 14.7 ish and bounce around to 15.7 then go lean to like 17+. My rpms dont look like they are dropping just a bad miss

I changed my plugs back and I still have the issue. So I changed my fuel filter and replaced some fuel line that had holes in it. Still running the same way. When I do a pull on the highway at wot my car starts out at about 11.9 then hit 14s by redline on my afr gauge. Seems a bit to much to me.. I checked my compression and I'm getting 180 across all 4 cylinders and I'm getting 56-58 psi of pressure in the fuel rail... my injectors seem to be firing ok I put a screwdriver on them and listened, and they all seem to be hitting right.

I'm at a loss right now. I ran my DCTs through hp tuners and nothing is coming back, and my car isn't throwing a CEL.. I did notice that I had a constant missfire on cylinder 1 but moved that coil to cylinder 2 and now there is a miss on cylinder 2. Could it be my coil? Could my plug gap be causing my issue? It drives fine if I drive it normal. Is my fuel pump weak?. I'm lost and feel like I'm chasing a ghost here. Also my maf is new and its cleaned out along with my throttle body.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Def sounds like that coil is the culprit

·
Registered
04 saturn redline zzp stage 3, 80#injectors, e85, intake spacer, duel pass, fmhe,
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Def sounds like that coil is the culprit
Yeah it was. I swapped it over to number 3 cylinder and its popping now crazy so much issues with just a coil. Autozone wants 70 zzp wants 20 lol asked them to price match and they wasnt goin for it lol

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Lmao id wait the couple days and juat spend the 20 myself. Haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well upon further examination zzp didnt have it lol so spent the 70 but my missfire is gone now. still weird on first start up it wants to stall out on cold starts. Idk if that's an e85 thing or not but its annoying
Lmao id wait the couple days and juat spend the 20 myself. Haha

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Ive never had the luxury of having e85. But I have read about cold start issues

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
I'm not sure on a fix if there is one. But I have seen threads about it on here and the cobalt ss forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts