Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I had My solo school in snowy conditions. The snow wasnt sticking to the track although I did have to clean the snow of my car between heats lol. For the wet I boosted my tire pressure up to 40 in the front and like 43 in the back. This is what my instructor had suggested. Those dunlop's were amazing!! After a few runs and one run with the instructor driving my car I really got a good idea what the car was capable of doing. In the tight corners I was able to lessen understeer by tapping the brake quikly and then some steady throttle. If I were to punch it I wouldnt get anywhere and niether would my times. The fastest time that I saw from my group was a Mini cooper S. He got a 26 sec run. My fastest was my last, a 34.7. Not bad for starting out in the mid 50's :D . It was really cool when I let my instructor drive my car. The whole time he was driving he kept yelling this, this is a great car!!! koodo's to GM!!! lol. He is a ford lover and drives a Zx2. All in all I ended up getting 9 runs in total. I woulda been able to get more but we shut down early cause nobody wanted to stand out in the craptacular weather. I cant wait till next weekend!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
A set of racing KUHMO's or equivalent is what's needed for the fast times that our engine is capable of (that AND A FREAKIN' LSD!!!!!)
Hmmm.... For some reason, that sounds like a good combo. Hmmm...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
For street tires they are OK, but pushing real hard in autocross, they aren't that great. A set of racing KUHMO's or equivalent is what's needed for the fast times that our engine is capable of

Should have my Kuhmo victoracers today :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts