Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight I went to the track with the new intake. I had 4 runs. The first run was with a Honda civic coupe. Of course you know how this endd up I won. 2.4 60ft time trap speed 73 et 10.03. The second run was with a 2004 Nissan spec v with intake, header,and full catback. This was not a good race for eitheir one of us. 60ft time 2.67 trap speed 71 and et 10.5 :eek: Can you believe that I won. The 3rd race was with a 2004 Mustang gt. It looked stock. By the way I lost. Trap speed 70. et 10.1. lets just say he had a 9.2. The last race was the best of them all. I ended being paired with a 2004 Ford svt lightning. This guy said that it had 380 hp. Anyways he won. Reaction time 1.2 60ft 2.3 trap speed 75 et 9.7. His reaction time .841 60ft 2.2 trap speed 77 et 9.4. Even though I lost it ended up being good race. Low wheel hop good shifting is how I was able to do this. Mind you all this was done with my 200+ pound stereo system. I think that if I were to take out my system and put some slicks on I might be able to hit 9.4. Anyways had a great time with my car. :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
If u practice some more u can get some lower et's. A newer generation svt lightning does have 385 horses. Either he had some bad whel spin or they make up for their time in the other half of the 1/4 cuz they do 13.7 stock and i do 14.8 but my 1/8 et is 9.5. Keep practicing!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Lightnings are dogs. They dont beat me by much. I was never impressed by them.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Same here. battled 4 came up with 3wins. LOL

·
Registered
595 Posts
Redlinekid_04 said:
Lightnings are dogs. They dont beat me by much. I was never impressed by them.

Dogs??? Umm they are trucks, not little light cars... and pretty damn fast for trucks!! Last i heard u cant do a pulley swap on the RL but u can on the lightning!! :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Give it time. Our cars are brand new, no one can get that. :confused: I can put money down that the redline/cobalt will have sooo many parts available pretty soon. fords suck..... hehe jk

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
Dogs??? Umm they are trucks, not little light cars... and pretty damn fast for trucks!! Last i heard u cant do a pulley swap on the RL but u can on the lightning!! :D
Just to preface, I HATE Fords, own a Camaro, Corvette, and the Redline. All the numbers on those trucks show it stomping us pretty good in a 1/4 mile or shorter drag race. On a race track or autocross it wouldn't be close, we'd blow their doors off. In a 1/4 mile drag though, I dunno man, the driver of that Lightning would have to spin BAD or miss a shift or something. Just goes to show what a good driver does for a car.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Just to preface, I HATE Fords, own a Camaro, Corvette, and the Redline. All the numbers on those trucks show it stomping us pretty good in a 1/4 mile or shorter drag race. On a race track or autocross it wouldn't be close, we'd blow their doors off. In a 1/4 mile drag though, I dunno man, the driver of that Lightning would have to spin BAD or miss a shift or something. Just goes to show what a good driver does for a car.

I was just talking about dragging...i dont care much for autocross altho its fun to take twist and turns sometimes. And a lightning owner cant miss a shift because from what i know they only came in autos the newer generation. Maybe whoever told me that was wrong tho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:

We're also talkin about alot more cubes in this truck too. Could be alot faster. If you want a fast truck buy a srt-10.

·
Registered
89 Posts
blueline said:
We're also talkin about alot more cubes in this truck too. Could be alot faster. If you want a fast truck buy a srt-10.
I'm sorry, but i can't help but reply to this coment. But have you been on the lightning forums at all. If not, let me give you some info about our trucks. 4700lbs dry, [email protected], the average 1/4mile time is about [email protected] I have an 04 with a drop in filter and i run in the 8.70'[email protected] That not bad for my second time at the track with the truck. The owner of the L must have spun big time because i've never run less than 8.90 in the eight. Im not putting these cars down and I don't doubt that the ecotec has potential for power but your going have to boost up and hook up in order to keep up with the L.

·
Registered
595 Posts
BOOSTED said:
I'm sorry, but i can't help but reply to this coment. But have you been on the lightning forums at all. If not, let me give you some info about our trucks. 4700lbs dry, [email protected], the average 1/4mile time is about [email protected] I have an 04 with a drop in filter and i run in the 8.70'[email protected] That not bad for my second time at the track with the truck. The owner of the L must have spun big time because i've never run less than 8.90 in the eight. Im not putting these cars down and I don't doubt that the ecotec has potential for power but your going have to boost up and hook up in order to keep up with the L.

Yeah i like the RL too but its just not gonna beat a lightning. Most of the RL guys on here are cool but a few are sounding like ricers saying they beat this and that...maybe u can beat a lightning but id have to see it in person. My friend has an 04 at work and is stock. He is supposed to go to the track with me this spring so we will see.

·
Registered
89 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
Yeah i like the RL too but its just not gonna beat a lightning. Most of the RL guys on here are cool but a few are sounding like ricers saying they beat this and that...maybe u can beat a lightning but id have to see it in person. My friend has an 04 at work and is stock. He is supposed to go to the track with me this spring so we will see.
They are tough trucks and with a little work they can get crazy fast. Tell your friend to ease into the pedal and not floor it of the line, that was the only way i could get this truck to hook. The 04 are strong from the factory. I see you got a lot of stuff done to your gt. I had a 97vert which ran 9.2 in the eight. But back on the RL's, i have maybe seen 2 around where i live. Its mostly srt's and turbo civics. I get a lot of people who talk to me about how they can beat my truck, its funny because whenever they talk im like o.k. lets roll and they are like maybe later. If you can beat me, i'll take it like a man and go my merry little way. Can't wait to see these things on the track.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ok im new here but i know for a fact that the lightning is a lot stronger that what some are trying to make it seem like. Especially in the 1/8th.

splredline: just curious as to which track you went to.. qualcom? you should try out irwindale. id give ya a run or two :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
SatredL said:
Just curious, have you run up against an SRT-10 & what are their numbers compared to the Lightining
I have not run up against one yet, but i can tell you that it will have to come down to the driver of the srt-10. They have an wierd feel to them when you drive them, the stick has a long throw to them. What ive read on the forums is that the Lightning will takem bottom end but it will be a matter of time before the srt-10 will make up ground. Now this is just stock for stock. Now if you ask someone else they would tell you that we can kill'em
but iv'e driven one and they pull quite hard top end.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I did race at qualcom. Conditions where alright. I would like to go to Irwindale but I live about 70 miles from there and from what i unerstand they race on Thursdays and I work till 7pm. Anyways I would like to race you if I could ever get that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts