Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went racing today.To the dragstrip.I had a race with a guy that has a 01 gt.He has cai and magnaflow cat back no converters.I am a pretty season racer.The best time I could pull off was a 14.7 95mph.It is hard to keep these things from spinning.My car is bone stock.The mustang beat me by a car link.I had him all the way to half track the passed and pulled about a car link.I really wanted to beat him but he had just a little to much hp.Oh yeah the mustang has stock gears.If he would of had a bone stock car and ,if I would of had some nittos it would of been a different story.I'am still proud of the redline.Can you imagine what these cars are capable of running with mods.Just a pointer for you other guys.Run the car up to the redline as far as you can before shifting.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Nice!! The best i got mine to was 15.3..... I spun like crazy... But oh well my first 5 spd car. i have to just practice muh launches! Now lets get some more times like that!! :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Good times. But a 01 5 speed GT is capable of running a 14.0 bone stock in good elevation and good driver. I am sure the RL is capable of more then that to with a good driver. I have seen people with more mods then me or a newer GT that is faster still get worse times because of the driver. All 99+ GT's run low 14's but the fastest one that i have payed attention or ran against, which i am sure they were stock, was a 14.9 when i was stock running 15.3. Good times and pratice, i am sure u can whittle it down some more.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Track

I have drove alot of guys mustangs at the track for them before.Mostly bone stock 14.5 to 14.0 but their is a record publshed somewhere a guy got his 01 GT in the 12.9.But I would have to see it to beleive it.This car was suppose to be bone stock.

·
Registered
609 Posts
That would be really awesome if it were true. Mustang or not with a driver that good, thats crazy! Ill definately try to bring down my times with a lil practice. Just dont judge other redlines becuase i suck! lol :D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
14.7 is pretty good, man.

its the 2nd best time ive seen out there for redlines, so far.

hopefully we can get more used to our cars and get some better times.....and when the lsd's start getting put on i think itll make a major difference.

good job man, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
not without an lsd i dont think....itd be nice, but i dont think we can prevent wheel hop with any tires.....possibly tho.

·
Registered
595 Posts
12.9??? No way...thats what an 03-04 cobra does and thats supercharged DOHC. I have heard of an 99+ GT running 13.9 stock with an excellent driver. ANyhow good time and keep practicing. One good thing about an auto..u cant blame it on your skill! lol

·
Registered
609 Posts
Actually he didnt say 12.9... Ya gotta read muh friend :D
13.9 is a long way away tho, it will take some aftermarket for us to get there. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Redline 1 said:
I have drove alot of guys mustangs at the track for them before.Mostly bone stock 14.5 to 14.0 but their is a record publshed somewhere a guy got his 01 GT in the 12.9.But I would have to see it to beleive it.This car was suppose to be bone stock.

actually, he did say 12.9.....ya gotta read muh friend :D

haha sorry, couldnt resist :p

·
Registered
609 Posts
im talkin bout the redlines runnin 13.9....???? wait a minute.... I thought we were talkin about a redline not doin a 13.9.... Im lost. :confused: :(

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
no, we were talking about mustang gt's running 12.9....as well as redline times.

dont worry about it, just read all the posts again and ull pick it up. unless of course im wrong, and then im a moron, but i think im ok for once, haha.

·
Registered
595 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
no, we were talking about mustang gt's running 12.9....as well as redline times.

dont worry about it, just read all the posts again and ull pick it up. unless of course im wrong, and then im a moron, but i think im ok for once, haha.

no your right, he was talking about a mustang GT at that time. :D

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
My uncle owns a 04 Mach 1, and so does his buddy. His buddy just hit 12.8X w/exhaust and nitto drag radials everything else is stock. Now mods for my uncles car 4.10 gears, exhaust rechipped ECU dyno'd @ 302hp to the wheels and i forget the tq. The best times he can pull off with stock tires is 13.8 he spins through 1,2,3, and chirps 4 gear. He is getting 10.5" rims w/drag radials for xmas this year. So next summer he might be in the 12's

·
Registered
92 Posts
Redline 1 said:
These cars have easily 13.9s in them with a hard launch and some nittos.
With a 95mph trap you'll be lucky to hit low 14's with sticky tires sorry to break the news!

Again nothing against the Redline but 13.9 with just tires is NOT going to happen!

·
Registered
37 Posts
dont see 13.9 even w/ lsd. w/ lsd i can see possibly a 14.3 which is very respectable. Redline1 post some slips. want to see your times throughout the 1/4. 60' and so on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A 95MPH trap should be good for low 13's, definitely under 14.5, once you learn to launch it.

I don't see why you guys think an LSD would help though, LSD's do not stop your tires from spinning, they only make it so that one tire doesn't spin freely while the other grips, which only happens when you apply throttle in a turn. An LSD will not affect your 1/4 mile times.

BTW, nice run =].

1 - 20 of 38 Posts