Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all these models coming from every which direction, was the RL really worth it... what exactly did we pay for, what did we get, what should we have gotten that we did not?

With the Cobalt SS's full leather interior, GT Tiburon's 230hp, Mit's new 260hp Eclipse, god knows what Kia's next move will be, all around the same price as the RL. I payed 18k for my 04. Was it too much? Should I have waited since this is just the begining of what I see as a long show of guns for all car companies?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
cobalt SS had worst seats than us sure they look pretty but that is it our seats literally support us ;) were is this web page for the 230 hp tibouron, and new eclipse sucks 4000 pund boat grrrrrrrrrr. But KIA watch out for :eek: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
the new tiburon is 230hp? i thought that was unconfirmed and the new power levels haven't been anounced. link please...

also remember the others (i.e., Eclipse) are going to cost much more than our cars (our cars includes Cobalt)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,143 Posts
What I like most about our cars is the price I paid for it ( 15,300). Ya cant beat that for what ya get. There are cars out there that are a whole lot better in a similar price range but at the time the RL was an excelent deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
In all honesty, it really depends on what you paid, if you paid 25k for it, you got ripped off. for under 20k, not alot of options. at price/performance.

under 18k very few options for this performance in a NEW car.

Xau
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
plus with the redline you get some originality......where is that in any of those other cars, honestly?

i couldnt be happier......unless i stepped up to a C6, but that isnt happening anytime soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
I thought the 230 hp eclipse was going to be more like 23k I thought the base line was like 17 18k Kia I could see, but I think thats going to be a car similar to ours
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,452 Posts
I've just made the third payment on my Red Line and I have to say that it was worth it for me. I love the car, despite the numerous trips to the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
If you think about it...GM admints they underrated our engine. And with a lot of guys pushing around 210 to the wheels with a stock setup you take into consideration a 20% loss for the drivetrain, then you're looking at us being somewhere around 250 hp to the crank. 250 for a car that weighs less than 3000 lbs vs. a car with 260 weighing in at 4000 lbs. It's really no contest.

RL = excellent buy for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
think we could really have 250 to the crank?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
Nukem said:
I thought the 230 hp eclipse was going to be more like 23k I thought the base line was like 17 18k Kia I could see, but I think thats going to be a car similar to ours
And the new Eclipse also weighs 3500+ pounds..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Liljon said:
With the Cobalt SS's full leather interior, GT Tiburon's 230hp, Mit's new 260hp Eclipse, god knows what Kia's next move will be, all around the same price as the RL. I payed 18k for my 04. Was it too much? Should I have waited since this is just the begining of what I see as a long show of guns for all car companies?

ROFLMFAO!! Are you serious? Leather interior in a Cobalt SS against the Recaro's? No contest! Now, I don't own a RL (but I do sell alot of them), I personally drive a '93 SL2 w/ 181k and some bolt-ons and I can take the Hyundai Tib (nice lookin but, not all that fast), Mits Eclipse...LOL, it will break down before the race is over (I know this cause I also have a Mits dealer and I see what goes on behind closed doors), and Kia? (well I have one of those dealers too and if it happens, it will just be a Tib w/ a Killed In Action emblem on the front)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
I ran the new Eclipse and beat it. Don't know if there is a lower grade motor fro it besides the 260hp model, but It was not hard to pull away from a roll.

Kia, my wife has a sportage. seems to be bulletproof mechanically, just keeps trucking and is a strong vehicle, built on a truck frame. But, shut the door on a Kia, just once and you will hear the difference.

Hyundai, also came across a Tiburon, but he wouldn't play until I was behind traffic, at which point he blasted past. Caught and made steaks out of that shark.

The Cobalt? I see it as having the better of the two cars. I already see more Cobalts,(not ss though) than I see Ion QC, let alone RedLines. Think of it this way. Take a look around at how many Cavaliers you see driving around and what shape they are in when you see them. That will be Cobalts in a few years. Yes, some will be nice, but it is GM's cheap entry car and you will see a ton more than RedLines and QC's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Tek said:
Mine was 23k, but I had neg equity rolled over into it. So the car was actually 19.5

:/
Sounds like your sales person was a weak bish!!


SilverRedLine04 said:
think we could really have 250 to the crank?
Yep, purdy close. Some RL's are dynoing 210 at the wheel, that's purdy close to 250 at the crank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
Kirtsky said:
I ran the new Eclipse and beat it. Don't know if there is a lower grade motor fro it besides the 260hp model, but It was not hard to pull away from a roll.
Yes there is a "2.4-liter MIVEC engine," which is on the base GS model where the GT model gets the "263 horsepower from its 3.8-liter MIVEC V6" engine. I haven't been able to find the actual power rating for the GS (all they tell me is the size...stupid mitsu site).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Liljon said:
With all these models coming from every which direction, was the RL really worth it... what exactly did we pay for, what did we get, what should we have gotten that we did not?

With the Cobalt SS's full leather interior, GT Tiburon's 230hp, Mit's new 260hp Eclipse, god knows what Kia's next move will be, all around the same price as the RL. I payed 18k for my 04. Was it too much? Should I have waited since this is just the begining of what I see as a long show of guns for all car companies?
I can understand your concern however, the way I look at it, there will always be something "newer" and "better". Antime you buy something there is always a company that will come out with a "better" one. Look at computers, go buy one today and a month from now there will be one better, faster, and cheaper. At some point you take the plunge and buy what you like or need. You cant second guess yourself when you make a purchase or it will drive you nuts.

I guess thats the American way, we are never satisfied. We always want bigger and better. Just my thoughts.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top