Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I hope to see many of you coming out for this.

It's the 3rd annual Western Canadian Cobalt Meet!

This year will be hosted in Mission, BC, Canada at Mission Raceway.

Tentatively scheduled for Friday July 2nd - Sunday July 4th 2010 at Mission Raceway Park.

All delta bodies are invited.

Please sign up/register at Welcome to Western Canadian Cobalt Meet 2010 Official Website! for the most up to date information regarding this meet!

Some of the events planned will be Friday Night street legals, scenic cruise on Saturday and possibly a dyno day on Sunday.

There will also be awards issued as well!

See you there!

-Rob

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Wow... they really did **** up the WCCM this year.
Way to keep it central.

As I've said before... I'm not going.

Edit:
Do me a favor and quote this over there, so they can all whine like little girls again.

·
Registered
634 Posts
no shit! would have been nice to go.... I'm not sure who would contribute most but making it easy for albertains, or any other province, would have been nice. It's practically in the US.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well Sask there was only like 4 people showing up anyhow to previous meets, MB there was Blake showing up (who has no problem with driving to BC so you know). Outside of that, there is the Alberta members... So with it being a central location to be in Alberta... really, it doesn't matter because its between BC/AB... now yes, I was the only one in the first WCCM to be from BC, second meet had 5 members from BC I believe. This one will help with stirring up more interest in BC... have a look at the registration list so far.

This isn't the Alberta Cobalt Meet, its the Western Canadian Cobalt Meet. If you want to change it, then change it. Otherwise, no need to complain about the drive... Driving thru the rockies is a BEAUTIFUL drive... I have had fun driving to Alberta both previous years and never got bored of the drive until I got past the rockies towards Edmonton & Calgary.

So just because it's not convenient for yourselves by not being in Alberta and only a 1-2 hour drive for most Albertans, doesn't mean it ruins the meet or makes it bad by any means, just means different location. I still needed to drive in previous years for 12-18 hours (yes 18 because I had the GF in the car, frequent stops but it was REALLY nice.)

Primarily, everyone voted to have it at a Raceway... there is 4 in BC... one on the island and 3 spread throughout BC. 1 in Ashcroft which is 2 hours away from Mission (no big deal), 1 in Ft St John in the middle of nowhere and the one in Mission which offers some of the biggest NHRA events in North America.

Personally, I had no problems with hosting the meet in any random town, especially on the BC/AB border since its an awesome drive. In fact, I would have preferred that since I live in Mission and I never leave this town except for vacations/etc... I would have loved to make another long drive, even if it was in MB, I would go without a problem. But I went with what people were wanting. Also people were wanting to see Rod's ride which will make its debut at the WCCM 2010 meet in Mission.

So yes, its a bit of a far drive but its enjoyable... and if you have never crossed the Rockies, just do it and you will love it, trust me.

Also this way being so close to the border... no we are NOT like being in the USA... I find Alberta VERY SIMILAR to being in Washington, BC is a friendly, non-biased place to be. Also having hosted the Olympics, has some really cool sights to see. On the Saturday, we may plan a cruise up to Whistler or to Boston Bar, one or the other with plenty of stops for View Points & Pictures. It'll be great. Sunday, dyno has been in the planning... Friday night, street legals... so this will be a fun, very organized, action packed weekend.

It should also be able to bring up the North Western Americans from WA, OR and a couple from California for this event who will be signing up for this event.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The drive through the rockies is great, Iknow... I've driven to Kelowna a few times. I can't justify driving that far just for a weekend. Not to worried about it, I was just anxious to fit it in my schedule. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait and see where it will be held next year.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Matter of opinion Rob.

Facts;
- 12 Sask people were on the 'for sure' list for another AB/SK meet.
- There was a great amount of support from MB, if the meet was to be held in SK (shorter drive).
- The last 2 years it was in such a central location that BC, AB, and SK all had an equal drive... MB was the odd man out and the attendance reflected such.
- Note that SK members out numbered BC members every year... obviously we were willing to drive within reason.

This whole WCCM is become a big circle jerk. It used to be about getting together and camping... now it's about racetracks and dynos..... a direct reflection upon the ricer kid crowd that is CSS.

Finally... the drive.
Recall that it took you 18hrs to get to Castrol. It took some of us 4 hours to get there (Josh and Nick had 10 hours total). That means that not only to all of the Albertans have to travel 18 hours... but the Sask guys have 22-28 hours on the road. And for what? To drive down a track? To roll up a ricer dyno number?

Here is my suggestion... next time you plan en event, think of the big picture, instead of yourself. I vote for you changing the name of the even from 'Western Canadian Cobalt Meet' to 'Pacific North America G5 Meet'. Cause it's obviously not western Canada... and judging by your attendance sheet it's not a Cobalt meet anymore.

Edit:
Just so you are aware what 'Western Canada' means;

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matter of opinion Rob.

Facts;
- 12 Sask people were on the 'for sure' list for another AB/SK meet.
- There was a great amount of support from MB, if the meet was to be held in SK (shorter drive).
- The last 2 years it was in such a central location that BC, AB, and SK all had an equal drive... MB was the odd man out and the attendance reflected such.
- Note that SK members out numbered BC members every year... obviously we were willing to drive within reason.

This whole WCCM is become a big circle jerk. It used to be about getting together and camping... now it's about racetracks and dynos..... a direct reflection upon the ricer kid crowd that is CSS.

Finally... the drive.
Recall that it took you 18hrs to get to Castrol. It took some of us 4 hours to get there (Josh and Nick had 10 hours total). That means that not only to all of the Albertans have to travel 18 hours... but the Sask guys have 22-28 hours on the road. And for what? To drive down a track? To roll up a ricer dyno number?

Here is my suggestion... next time you plan en event, think of the big picture, instead of yourself. I vote for you changing the name of the even from 'Western Canadian Cobalt Meet' to 'Pacific North America G5 Meet'. Cause it's obviously not western Canada... and judging by your attendance sheet it's not a Cobalt meet anymore.

Edit:
Just so you are aware what 'Western Canada' means;
It's too bad you think that way.

There's a reason why it stays the Cobalt meet and not a Delta body meet or G5 meet etc... to even suggest to say since I'm organizing it to that is just you being ignorant regarding the situation and its too bad that you have to bash a nicely organized event.

It's now a mobile event that has taken on a life of its own. It'll be an amazing location with great drives and awesome scenery... you're looking at it in the smaller picture and I'm sorry we couldn't cater to your needs of within your province this year. If you don't want to come, no need to bash the event or even say you don't plan on showing. No need to tell people not to go either or DEmoting the event.

Based on polling people and having lots of discussion regarding this, it was voted, NOT MY CHOICE on location. I went with what people picked. Now I'm just sorting everything out with the registration and what not. At the rate you're throwing that ricer word around because things didn't go YOUR WAY or your small group of friends, people aren't going to want to meet you or have you at future events relating to this time of year and WCM. That is just a poor reflection on yourself and not of a whole community of cars who want to gather. The fact that you would bash a WHOLE COMMUNITY of people based on modifying their cars and being proud of it is depressing, especially when it is the same type of vehicle as yours. Rod has invested a lot of work into his car, dropping a V8 into it and RWD conversion isn't rice, dropping an M62 onto my car is not rice, hell even a CAI and switching spoilers from a stock low rise to a stock high rise is not rice either... going from standard cloth seats to leather seats, that's not rice either.

And for your info, G5's did have a meet of their own, totally club-planned without me being in the planning at all, they didn't invite any other types of vehicles and it was held in Lordstown, Ohio if you really cared to hear. I would have done the drive if I had my passport on time but there was a problem with my birth certificate at the time so I had to wait and unfortunately passed that.

If I have offended you in any ways possible Omega_5, I do apologize, I'm just here to promote this event and hope that all types of delta's show.

Anyways, enough with my novel, you passed right over the fact that Rod will be unveiling his ride. I do look forward to meeting any and all Redline owners there!!! Especially the really awesome ones.

This meet will still feature camping at the track, drinking, having a good time and enjoying the scenery.. there is also plenty of clubs/bars/activities of all sorts around. If you are going to compare this to what you mentioned of camping/bs'ing/drinking, like you said, it can be done anywhere... You're right on that one, just like you mentioned that you can go down a track anywhere, drive on any road, meet people, etc... you can do that at home just the same as you can on the road.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting everyone who is interested there. Please note, although anyone is invited to this event, awards are limited to Delta body GM vehicles only.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Oh my fucking god!
You really are still a high school kid.
I have yet to understand how you can even begin to justify this. It is arrogant to even think that this meet can even classify as 'Western Canadian'.

You can try to guilt me into thinking that this is some selfish vendetta against 'the man' or something... but it is you that have to look at the bigger picture. You have shut out 2 whole provinces to a meet that was intended to bring people together.
But then again, I guess that's the mentality of some.. huh? It's all about BC. **** Saskatchewan... **** Manitoba. What have we ever done for the community?
I guess Smartdude never brought retro's the mainstream.
I guess Flatgod and Rippin07 never revolutionized the TVS world.
I guess we are all just a bunch nobodies, huh?

You can try to say that I'm being immature by calling this a joke... but look at it again. A big community meet (as was Drumheller), or a kiddy play day on the rolls trying to get into pissing matches about who has the bigger dic... er dyno number. It's so fucking disgraceful to even call that a community meet.

You know what... go ahead with it. Run this little play day like you run G5club.... I've heard all about how that's turning out for you.
Oh... and when your car stalls out this year, which group of Sask guys are going to push start you?
:lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my fucking god!
You really are still a high school kid.
I have yet to understand how you can even begin to justify this. It is arrogant to even think that this meet can even classify as 'Western Canadian'.

You can try to guilt me into thinking that this is some selfish vendetta against 'the man' or something... but it is you that have to look at the bigger picture. You have shut out 2 whole provinces to a meet that was intended to bring people together.
But then again, I guess that's the mentality of some.. huh? It's all about BC. **** Saskatchewan... **** Manitoba. What have we ever done for the community?
I guess Smartdude never brought retro's the mainstream.
I guess Flatgod and Rippin07 never revolutionized the TVS world.
I guess we are all just a bunch nobodies, huh?

You can try to say that I'm being immature by calling this a joke... but look at it again. A big community meet (as was Drumheller), or a kiddy play day on the rolls trying to get into pissing matches about who has the bigger dic... er dyno number. It's so fucking disgraceful to even call that a community meet.

You know what... go ahead with it. Run this little play day like you run G5club.... I've heard all about how that's turning out for you.
Oh... and when your car stalls out this year, which group of Sask guys are going to push start you?
I'll keep this short and sweet...
1- BC is in the West -- that is what makes it Western
2- Regarding traveling far -- yes it can be far for some people, if you don't want to come, that's fine, don't come, no need to bash a whole event based on you not wanting to go.
3- I have kept highly professional about this -- yes that is very much high school like staying pro about it isn't it?
4- I don't see where your going with the point of people from Saskatchewan and how they entrepreneured certain ideas has anything to do with a car meet.
5- Funny you mention Drumhellar but all I could remember about that outside of drinking for two days straight was meeting in a parking lot of a Walmart as a group while SRT-4's and certain Cobalt members were doing burnouts and making a ridiculous amount of noise. Keeping it at a raceway keeps racing to the raceway and noise to a minimum in a whole community. I did have a good time out there, not bashing it by any means, just throwing that out there.
6- What does G5CLUB have anything to do with this meet, I'm not promoting that on here at all. I'm promoting a meet but nice to see you being childish... still.
7- Sucks having a dead battery -- I know that's why I bought one in Kelowna on the way back :).

I'm pretty sure somewhere on this site there is a terms of service somewhere discussing difference between bashing members & constructive criticism. Also something somewhere about staying on topic too.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'll keep this short and sweet...
1- BC is in the West -- that is what makes it Western
2- Regarding traveling far -- yes it can be far for some people, if you don't want to come, that's fine, don't come, no need to bash a whole event based on you not wanting to go.
3- I have kept highly professional about this -- yes that is very much high school like staying pro about it isn't it?
4- I don't see where your going with the point of people from Saskatchewan and how they entrepreneured certain ideas has anything to do with a car meet.
5- Funny you mention Drumhellar but all I could remember about that outside of drinking for two days straight was meeting in a parking lot of a Walmart as a group while SRT-4's and certain Cobalt members were doing burnouts and making a ridiculous amount of noise. Keeping it at a raceway keeps racing to the raceway and noise to a minimum in a whole community. I did have a good time out there, not bashing it by any means, just throwing that out there.
6- What does G5CLUB have anything to do with this meet, I'm not promoting that on here at all. I'm promoting a meet but nice to see you being childish... still.
7- Sucks having a dead battery -- I know that's why I bought one in Kelowna on the way back :).

I'm pretty sure somewhere on this site there is a terms of service somewhere discussing difference between bashing members & constructive criticism. Also something somewhere about staying on topic too.

BC might be in the west... but it is not Western Canada (although you might think Western Canada is supposed to revolve around BC). As mentioned before... it is now a Pacific Meet. If you want it to be Western Canada, you would have to make this meet accessible to Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

As far as travel... travel = accessibility. Don't try to advertise this as 'Western Canada' if half of the provinces have to travel two days to get there.

Professionalism... you will learn that when you grow up. And when you grown up, you will understand why I'm even ranting in the first place. No point in me explaining it, as it will just fly over your head.

My point about the MB and SK members is that you are calling a 'Western' meet, and saying that it's now going to be in BC because one guy did a V8 swap that took 4 years. Never mind the other guys (in SK, MB) that worked hard to bring information and services to the community.... way to slap them in the face.

Funny you though that Drumheller was shitty... cause everyone else who I talked to that was of a mature age thought it was great! What I saw was community, friendship building chatting, and an all round great time.
What I saw at Castrol was people segregating to their cliques, people competing for prizes and times, kids doing burnouts and racing around the pits, a biker with no brains, and members being left out of 'organized events'. Great fucking time that was... /sarcasm.

G5Club was more of a shot at you from a good friend.... glad you liked it.

Yeah... sucks having a dead battery... also sucks being too young to know how to jump a car. :)

When you grow up and make a post worth reading, let me know.
Until then... have fun at your kiddie party.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can deffinately tell he's not coming to the meet, all the shit talking hes doing, wouldnt be opening his mouth if he had to meet these people in person. After all the bs talk you posted here, your calling rob immature? REALLY?!!?

Your a joke, im sure if it was held in SK you would be perfectly fine and not give a damn how far the BC members would have to travel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you can deffinately tell he's not coming to the meet, all the shit talking hes doing, wouldnt be opening his mouth if he had to meet these people in person. After all the bs talk you posted here, your calling rob immature? REALLY?!!?

Your a joke, im sure if it was held in SK you would be perfectly fine and not give a damn how far the BC members would have to travel.
It's weird because I met him the first WCM meet and everything was cool... I think he's upset because last meet he wasn't apart of the bigger group when he was talking about everyone went off in their own groups.

I made lots of new friends there, I had a good time, even with the Tornado warnings and massive hail... it was just a minor detail on an awesome meet.

Jesus, he's making himself sound so depressing. Blowing up a whole situation that just doesn't need to be exploited as an argument. Then to top it off, he doesn't know where to stop and just keeps going trying to say the same thing over again to try and get the final word. Sad I think.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

I'd actually prefer another AB meet, as it's more CENTRAL!!!
Hell... even if it was in Jasper or Baniff, I'd be fine with it. But traveling all the way to coast for a meet. It's ridiculous.

And for the record... I've met these people already..... on more than 5 occasions. Don't talk to me about running my mouth. Have you ever shown up to a Saskatoon meet? Cause more than half of us Sask guys have gone to Edmonton and Calgary meets.

BTW... aren't you the guy that got all ass hurt over my rant last time?

It's weird because I met him the first WCM meet and everything was cool... I think he's upset because last meet he wasn't apart of the bigger group when he was talking about everyone went off in their own groups.

I made lots of new friends there, I had a good time, even with the Tornado warnings and massive hail... it was just a minor detail on an awesome meet.

Jesus, he's making himself sound so depressing. Blowing up a whole situation that just doesn't need to be exploited as an argument. Then to top it off, he doesn't know where to stop and just keeps going trying to say the same thing over again to try and get the final word. Sad I think.
The first year everything was cool, because it was cool. We were camping, and having a good time. When the stupidity reared it's head, is when I had an issue with it.

I'm blowing up the situation? I don't know when to stop?
First off, you are the kid that can't seem to grasp what CENTRAL means. You have this tunnel vision that all is well as long as it suits you. You need to grow up, and realize what a true automotive community is about.
Second... when you both contribute half the information that myself and my friend have, then you can talk.

And you wonder why older people say that kids have no respect....
Maybe you should both get off this forum before you insult someone.

extremely sad.. People always act tough over the internet. Shit talk on here, then act cool in person, common thing for e-thugs
Your one to talk.

BTW... please keep up the replies...
It's keeping me entertained.

·
Registered
9 Posts
PEOPLE ALL VOTED FOR BC YOU FUCKING MORON. What the hell is so hard to understand about that? Are you saying the vote was rigged or should i link your dumbass to the poll.

Anwser that question for me, dont roll of subject which your famous for doing when your WRONG

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
PEOPLE ALL VOTED FOR BC YOU FUCKING MORON. What the hell is so hard to understand about that? Are you saying the vote was rigged or should i link your dumbass to the poll.

Anwser that question for me, dont roll of subject which your famous for doing when your WRONG
Roll of subject?
English please.

But on the note of the poll... not rigged, but unrightfully open.

Note that the poll was an Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba poll. Yet BC members were some how allowed to vote, and skew the results.
Not to mention the fact that it was a CSS only poll, which I can only assume was linked up on the BC based G5club.

Which leads me to question... if the poll wasn't linked up over here, why are you even 'advertising' it over here?
If the RL guys apparently have no say, why invite them?

You guys know I'm just having fun with this now, right?
A certain CSS member said it best; "I'm from BC, and I wouldn't go". :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
the person who put up the poll in the AB/SK section made a thread in the BC section, telling us to come and vote on the poll. The fact that BC won the poll and it wasnt even in our regional section should tell you something. Let me get this straight, because BC was allowed to vote, that makes it skewed. Wow your a damn baby, seriously glad your not showing to this meet, waste of a space.

English? you should learn to read it, if you could properly, we wouldnt be discussing this matter right now. BC was voted and won the poll by a large number, your the only one making a fuss about it, go figure.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
the person who put up the poll in the AB/SK section made a thread in the BC section, telling us to come and vote on the poll. The fact that BC won the poll and it wasnt even in our regional section should tell you something. Let me get this straight, because BC was allowed to vote, that makes it skewed. Wow your a damn baby, seriously glad your not showing to this meet, waste of a space.

English? you should learn to read it, if you could properly, we wouldnt be discussing this matter right now. BC was voted and won the poll by a large number, your the only one making a fuss about it, go figure.
:facepalm:
All that tells me is that there are more members in BC than SK. (big suprise)
Why wasn't MB linked to the thead? Are they not important as well? Or is it just that they are too far from the center of the universe? (BC)

·
Registered
9 Posts
You tell me, i wasn't in charge of the poll, i will let that guy know you got a problem with him as well.

I like how you think BC acts so important yet this is the first time the meet was held here. Go change your diaper kid.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You tell me, i wasn't in charge of the poll, i will let that guy know you got a problem with him as well.

I like how you think BC acts so important yet this is the first time the meet was held here. Go change your diaper kid.
Who do I apparently have a problem with now?

And that's funny... I'm the kid, yet you joined a forum to bitch at me. Immature much?
Unless you have something useful to contribute to the forum, you should leave. Your being a troll.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts