Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some return Email from the RKSport website, ya know, the one that is supposed to be the GM small car parts gurus. They will not be supporting the Ion at all. Yet, they already have a section devoted to the Cobalt. What a bunch of crap. He tells me that we can check the website weekly for updates! So I let him know that I was VERY dissapointed by their lack of effort, and that there would be no need for me, or any of the other Redline owners to check their site or use their products. I encourage anyone that feels the same as myself to head over to www.rksport.com and let them know that YOUR money will now be going to someone else. Man does this piss me off, it's one thing if they don't have parts for either, but what the f*ck is that. No, we'll have the Cobalt SS stuff, but your Ions can just rot. Can't you even put up another section and at least put all the stuff that matches both cars on there???? Jackasses...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
762 Posts
LoL seriously what a load of crap some people man I swear

·
Registered
314 Posts
I agree that these people are retards but if you look at their products for the cobalt SS they are all specified for the cobalt 2.2L and as we all know that's the regular cobalt so we aren't missing out on anything yet. I wrote them an email basically telling them that they would be asshats if they eventually sold stuff for the SS and didn't support the RL at all. We'll see if I get a response :confused:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Spooner. After I read your thread I decided to email the head cheese over there. I explained I thought he was " missing the boat". I just now received his email:
Barry,

Not to discount the Saturn line or their Redline version of
their cars but 5000 units is hardly something to look into. We have
invested quite a lot into the Pontiac GTO which was supposed to be the
next "American Muscle Car" only to have it's numbers fall short with
just over 12000 units sold in 2004.

That however is not to say that we are not looking into Saturn. At our
last meeting which included early plans for the 2005 SEMA show, we have
two possibly three Saturns on our list of "wanted" cars from GM.

Stay tuned!

Regards,

Jim Wright

Manager of Sales

RK Sport Inc.

800-214-8030

[email protected]

_____

Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 2:44 PM
To: Jim Wright
Cc: Mike Lozano

·
Registered
314 Posts
It may be just me but for them to "invest quite a lot" into the GTO, which was a slight (if any) upgrade from the camaro/firebird platform it replaced was stupid....not many people bought the camaro or firebrids so why would the same people buy almost the same car in a $32,000 GTO wrapper? Real good decision makers they have over there :rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
new2boost said:
It may be just me but for them to "invest quite a lot" into the GTO, which was a slight (if any) upgrade from the camaro/firebird platform it replaced was stupid....not many people bought the camaro or firebrids so why would the same people buy almost the same car in a $32,000 GTO wrapper? Real good decision makers they have over there :rolleyes:
or another retro named car slapped on to an every day body...... the gto just looks like another grand prix

·
Registered
786 Posts
Telll those guys to F*** off!

With ScDyne and PSI-FI, I think thats all I need :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for going the more mature route Barry, that's why we love ya. I'll tell ya though, even that email dosen't make sense. Since we know that they have every intention of selling the Cobalt SS parts, they are working off of sales that far exceed the 5000 number. At the Chicago Auto show there was such a crowd around both the Redline and the Cobalt I couldn't even get near them. The Cobalt had more kids around it than the Evo or the 350Z when i was there. That's smoke being blown in the wrong end of my body. I responded yesterday and just told them that I though it was terrible and that I simply would not check for updates or recommend them to anyone I know for any future purpose if they couldn't even muster up the effort to crosslink Cobalt and Redline parts on their site. Just another Saturn snub... I can't wait to make these people eat their words on a track somewhere. Hopefully by then we will have enought support that I can email them a copy of what I've spent on my car.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wont pretty much everything fromt the cobalt SS fit our cars? Maybe not a catback since our wheel base is longer, but I would expect everything else to be identical for ease of manufacturing. I think we'll see a surge in aftermarket support once the SS comes out.

·
Registered
762 Posts
slt said:
Wont pretty much everything fromt the cobalt SS fit our cars? Maybe not a catback since our wheel base is longer, but I would expect everything else to be identical for ease of manufacturing. I think we'll see a surge in aftermarket support once the SS comes out.
I gree I just think its a damn shame we gotta wait for that stupid car to come out.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
oh well, at least more people are likely to buy the cobalt, and we'll have the more rare version of the car, not to forget door dings aren't on our list of priorities. either way, isn't RKSport more of an appearance group? i know they've been making body kits for the cobalt

·
Registered
683 Posts
But if you think about it, don't we have saturn motorsports in place of RK sport?? Personally I would rather have a dedicated aftermarket supplier then be the redheaded step child to one of their own "beloved." Pontiac and Chevy are the ones they cater to right?? Although I think it would be beneficial to them if they jus tried, provide parts that can be matched/swapped, or at least acknowledge our existance. Crap like that pisses me off.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i just dont understand how they can say they wont support us, when the cobalt ss isnt even out yet. well, it might be now, but i still havent seen any. im sure it'll sell well among the ricer crowd......but in the end, its still the slower car. oh well. :p

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
i just dont understand how they can say they wont support us, when the cobalt ss isnt even out yet. well, it might be now, but i still havent seen any. im sure it'll sell well among the ricer crowd......but in the end, its still the slower car. oh well. :p

Has it been comfirmed that the RL is the faster of the two?

I have a hard time believing that GM would let that happen. From what I've heard, the gearing on the Cobalt is different. This may or may not make them the faster car.

Oh well, by the time I start seeing them around I'll have the SCdyne header and intake and hopefully a few Psi-Fi goodies. So it won't be a stock for stock race if I meet up with one. ;)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
487 Posts
new2boost said:
Dude you can;t drive 5 feet around here w/o seeing a 4th gen FBody

way way WAY more of them than a delta car, even including regular ions, atleast around here.

The problem is RKSport is generally a buncha CRAP people with those car would never buy.

They go to lunati, MTI, lingenfelter, etc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts