Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was driving to the Saturn dealership this morning with my son in the back seat. I was on the highway and went to pass this F-150 hauling a big ass trailer. It was a Lawn Care service and had the logo and phone number real big on both the trailer and truck.

Anyway, as I went to pass him on the left he decided to try and change lanes into me. I had to brake really hard to slow down quick enough to avoid being side-swiped by the trailer. So I'm pissed and I layed on the horn. Then, he decides to get back into the right lane like 2 seconds later. :confused:

So I pass him as he is changing lanes, honking my horn so he knows I'm coming. When I pass him, he gives me the finger. :mad: I'm really pissed at this point so I pull out my cell phone, slow down and get the number to lawn care service off the side of the trailer and the license plate number of the truck.

I call to let his boss know his worker is driving like a moron AND he flipped me off. So this guy answers the phone and tell him about it. Guess what? Yeah, it WAS the guy in the truck I was talking to I find out shortly.

So I say, "Hey man, you almost hit me back there and then you flipped me off. You aren't the only one on the road and I have my son in the car with me."

He says, "You shouldn't have tried to pass me if you have your kid in the car."

"What? Are you serious?" I say.

Then he tells me, "We can pull over and settle this if you want." :rolleyes:

"I'm not gonna pull over on the side of the freeway and fight with you. I just think you should watch what the hell you're doing when driving." I responded.

"You shouldn't call people if you're not gonna do shit about it."

"I was hoping to get your boss on the phone and tell him about your wonderful and courteous driving."

"Well, you're talking to the owner of the company, so I am the boss."

OMFG!!! If my son wasn't in the car with me, pulling over to kick this guy in the nuts would be really appealing at this point, but I used my better judgement and just ended the call by saying, "Whatever jackass, learn to fucking drive." and hung up.

The nerve of some people. What a dickhead.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Call the cops, file a report or something, at least a complaint. That sux man, people can be dicks...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have the guys number in my phone on my "dialed calls" list.

I should call the cops and say he's using his trailer to transport drugs or something. :p

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You should at least lodge a complaint, if you feel that strongly about it, it's the most you can do without loading up the boys and going chicken hunting.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Seriously - get the cops involved - he threatened you.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I dont think so

Yah, you have no real proof unless your camera was rolling but i liked your idea about planting drugs on him, go for it if you can find him. Just make sure you know when he gets out of jail, then you may want to flee the country.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Just the hastle of the cops calling him would be worth it.

Do it!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
JPK, don't fight him on a cops or even a kick his ass level. Just give his lawn care service HORRIBLE publicity. Tell everybody you know that they're a bunch of jackasses, and that those people shouldn't use his service. Try to find where some of his accounts are, and tell THEM your story. Trust me, they'll get a new lawn crew to cut their yard. He'll be REALLY sorry then.

·
Registered
291 Posts
or you could post his number and we well all prank call him

·
Registered
754 Posts
I say just drop it you will get yourself pissed and in a frenzy over this jerk.HE IS NOT WORTH IT. You have more important things in life than revenge your family and yourself.The guy was a dick pure and simple and he wont be the last dick you encounter just dont make it worse. :)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
johnboy8221 said:
oooo thats a good one :D

any ways dont you know your not supposed to pass pickups on the highway :rolleyes:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Agreed

Sp00ner said:
Call the cops, file a report or something, at least a complaint. That sux man, people can be dicks...
People are jealous of our Saturns. Everyone who doesn't have one, wants one. Those who do, in this situation, would love to have one of those Big F'n Internationals that just came out and drive that Mother off of the planet. Stay cool, brother. We are better than that. What really pisses me off is that he did that with your kid in the car. BITCH! :mad:

-SpikemanRL

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Chazb said:
I say just drop it you will get yourself pissed and in a frenzy over this jerk.HE IS NOT WORTH IT. You have more important things in life than revenge your family and yourself.The guy was a dick pure and simple and he wont be the last dick you encounter just dont make it worse. :)
Well said.

I encounter idiots like that frequently. The other day I was driving along and a older fullsize chevy truck pulled out of the gas station. You would think that people would have the nerve to speed up and get going when cars are coming, but this guy decided to put along 20 MPH below the speed limit. I went to pass the guy, then I saw blue smoke blowing out and the roar of the rusted dual exhaust pipes with broken hangers. The guy decided to give that ragedy chevy everything it had, I still manged to pass him no problem and give him the one finger salute.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah, I'd recommend posting his number, we can all call it and say, "Is this the dickhead that runs the lawncare company that doesn't know how to haul a trailer?" I'm not sure why idiots hauling trailers should be in the far left lane anyways. They're carrying equipment thus going fast enough to pass the steady flow of traffic is dangerous to begin with. My favorites are the idiot 18-wheelers in the left lane going SLOWER than the pace of traffic. I guess no one's heard the expression, "Slower traffic keep right"

Oh and its nice to know we can come on here to vent if we have any pent up "road rage" in our Red Lines ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I Love This Thread

OOOH I needed this thread, I was pulling into work at Wal-mart today and I was turning right to go down the Aisle that I park in... this blue crown vic is cutting through the aisles and just keeps on going, cutting me off, so I stop about 3 feet from the car (with children inside, that's why I stopped) and this b*tch proceeds to stare me down like I (that was an emphatic I incase you were wondering) did something wrong, I laid on my horn and burned my tires through second...

IONTOP

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
TXRLU said:
Oh and its nice to know we can come on here to vent if we have any pent up "road rage" in our Red Lines ;)
Indeed, others wise I don't think I would have my license still..I normall begin to post a topic like this, and after finishing typing it i delete it as I already feel better. But, this guy should be taught a lesson, as that could almost be considered as attempted violence with a weapon (yes, vehicles can be weapons).

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
You know the signs that say "report litterers" call it and leave his licence plate and truck descriptions. They give out like $250 fines in some states.

Since he was throwing McDonald's wrappers out the window at you. I hate people who litter.

·
I
7,838 Posts
johnboy8221 said:
Just make sure you dial *67 before you call him, it comes up as either a private call or unknown name and number. He'll never know who it is! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts