Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Superd00d
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking my first good look under the hood this evening, and I couldn't help but notice that the intercooler lines just seem to run through the radiator. Is that right? Is there a seperate radiator for the intercooler, or does it just work like an automatic trans cooler in most older cars? Would there be anything to gain from seperating the intercooler into its own small radiator, like an oil cooler type set-up or something?

· Superd00d
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Along this same idea... I was flipping through my new Summit catalog and saw an intercooler/intake charge cooling system. Is anyone familiar with these? I have seen people using nitrous oxide to cool the intercooler(s) in racing applications plenty of times. The system that I was just looking at uses liquid CO2 to fill an metal plumbing system that either attaches to the intake, or can be used in a spray manner to jet right on to the intercooler it self. Thoughts?

· Superd00d
22,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.