Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What cars have you beaten in a race? List car and generations, i'm curious what fellow RedLiner's can beat or keep up with. Here i'll start with my list of cars..

Cars Beaten:

87-90 Toyota Supra turbo (stock)
93-97 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo (he had 3 people in the car including driver)
94-00 Acura Integra GSR (heavily modded)
Late 90's Ford Mustang GT
2005 Scion TC
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS V6
Numerous amounts of civics and integra's.

I've kept up with a Mitsubishi EVO8 on the freeway, 2 starts at about 60mph-65mph and it was neck and neck.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I havent officially raced anyone on the street, dont want my car impounded and crushed.

No ones been able to pass me so far though. There was a newer Silverado that tried to pass me on the right after the red light turned green... a few seconds later, i was seeing them in my rear view mirror.

Have had some corollas who think they are fast try and keep up with me, also an rsx-s, gts, etc. Everytime I see an srt-4, they are always driving pretty slow and dont even try to keep up or pass me. The only cars that try to get me to play are ones that are slow. I'm always wondering why they even think they have a chance.. guess they dont know what they're up against yet ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just a few

I have also had good luck against certain cheap Japanese cars;
one was interesting, a Malibu, I came up behind him on a ramp, guess I must have been tailgating too close and pissed him off, he blocked me and slowed way down to like 20mph then stumped it and tried to shake me, needless to say, it wasn't hard at all to keep up with him, I didn't try to pass him, just kept up and kept following him until he gave up at about 90mph, I don't think I even had to go above 5000rpm the whole time, I like the Saturn logo for this very reason, most people don't know what we have by just looking at it
one was a PT Cruiser, almost bit the dust on that one and took it too easy because I didn't know there was a turbo version of it at the time, it really moved.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
i live in the same area and all the srt's never want to paly. There is a balck one I see at my work messin around with it but once on the higway I get nothing out of him. O well standard list. Everything with a H on the front. Everything with a A on the front. A few differnt volkswagens including the r32-r22? rx8, and nissans such as sentras and 240s in the area. I live in a area of a few highschools so they are always packed in one car. That way I make the driver look bad in front of as many people as possible.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i've taken a cadillac, the slick looking ones (2 door), a few mustang GTs, some non badged mustangs, a camaro, some grand prixs, a lot of sedans trying to get in front of me at merge points from stoplights like camry's accords and the like, but one car that i have grown to love was a galant vr4, he got me, but i misshifted 3rd multiple times and my car started acting up, so who knows if i would have won with good shifts. and that's about the extent of it. don't try to race much, well at all really, usually when you have to merge after a stop light, i don't like to let people in front of me since they usually give it, then drive exactly the speedlimit once they're up there.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
'87 N/A Supra
'97 Stock GTP
Several V6 Stangs (don't know why they bother, really)
Mid '90's Stock Ford SHO
New Hyundai Tibouron GT
Rode the ass of an SS Camaro starting from a 55MPH roll

Well, I believe that's all of them worth talking about anyway. I have the occasional 4Runner, large truck or the like wanna play but we all know the outcome of those. :p

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
I took a Grand Prix an RSX be wary of the QX 45 I ran up on one that had been modded, He surprised me but I took him. I'd kinda like to race another RL, I think it would be interesting.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
SatredL said:
I took a Grand Prix an RSX be wary of the QX 45 I ran up on one that had been modded, He surprised me but I took him. I'd kinda like to race another RL, I think it would be interesting.
i've been thinking the same thing! not any around here though, i have seen one, but it was WAAYYYY on the other side of town.

i just can't wait till spring to go to the track and get some times, see how my driving really pans out compared to all the magazine times.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I really haven't had the pleasure of racing anyone. Around here, everyone acts like they're about to do something then nothing. Although, on the way to work last Friday, some dumbass in a cavy tried something and for some reason it really pissed me off,(I think I took it as an insult :p ) so I down shifted to 3rd and didn't stop until 140mph. Now, I don't know how many of you guys have gotten to that point in your RL's, but if you haven't you're missing out! She handles like a dream! I felt in total control. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
2000 mustang GT 2 out of 5 (really whoever got better start won)
k&n
steeda tri-ax shifter
flowmaster mufflers
2000 mustang GT (by a nose)
k&n
1994 5.0L … auto?
1997 GT
Flowmasters, bbk intake
03 srt-4 w/o LSD -consistently to about 110 or so… more than a ¼
In gear 60+ he pulled away decently.
K&N typhoon intake kit
Boost controller
04 srt-4 till about 80, then he started to pull away
Boost controller
04 srt-4 ALL STAGE 2 Upgrades– Handed my arse to me.
1999 z-28 on the highway in gear around 70?
2001 Trans Am ws6 with over 540rwhp N/A– raced it in my friend’s 00 vette. His front end lifted off the ground (this was on city roads) and he pulled away like we were stopped.
1992? 300zx TT – don’t think he really had too much traction. Poor guy.
VW R32 – 40mph+ I had about ½ car on him till about 135 when deer jumped out in front of us. We almost died. 

1991 civic si lift back /w BEHEMOTH motor setup, if you know what that is 
In gear race, at his optimum in 2nd. We were dead even till about 125 and I started to pull away slowly

2004 accord v6 coupe. Highway. Quick car, not quick enough

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know what it is about this car, but people rev on me ALL the damn time. It's insane. My fiance thinks it's hillarious because he's got a 2002 Camaro SS that runs 12s and nobody ever revs on him.

I've only beaten one car, and that was a Celica GTS. Then again, it's the only car I've gon up against so far so I'm 1 for 1. I was at a stoplight and he pulled up next to me. He wanted to go.....so we went, and I kicked his ass. :D I kinda wish the windows weren't so tinted, I don't think the poor kid knew he was racing a chick. ;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Katiemarie said:
I don't know what it is about this car, but people rev on me ALL the damn time. It's insane. My fiance thinks it's hillarious because he's got a 2002 Camaro SS that runs 12s and nobody ever revs on him.

I've only beaten one car, and that was a Celica GTS. Then again, it's the only car I've gon up against so far so I'm 1 for 1. I was at a stoplight and he pulled up next to me. He wanted to go.....so we went, and I kicked his ass. :D I kinda wish the windows weren't so tinted, I don't think the poor kid knew he was racing a chick. ;)
awesome, chicks that race are hot, i wish i could get my fiance to race (i guess i gotta get her to learn to drive stick first)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Katiemarie said:

LOL!!! This a great post!!!

After waxing his ass, you should've let him catch up, rolled down your window and winked at him just before down shifting and letting him eat your dust again. :D :cool:

·
Registered
786 Posts
I second that, what a great post! Make sure you let them know next time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Redline

I raced a 94 ford lightning tonight.It is bone stock but I still think this is pretty cool.I used to have one of these trucks.They are nice,They are mid 15sec trucks.Congrats.On your kill on the yotie.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Add a 2002 accord v6 and a 4.3 s-10 to the list. And a police car as well. not that I reccomend you run out and try it though. I have friends to test this on.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
goofyguy said:
Add a 2002 accord v6 and a 4.3 s-10 to the list. And a police car as well. not that I reccomend you run out and try it though. I have friends to test this on.

Good to know that we can out run the fuzz. ;)

1 - 20 of 226 Posts