Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am going to give a call to a guy that has EXTENSIVE experience with the m62 on the tiburon, and is producing the fastest tiburons with his parts. i am wondering what i should ask him.

1) what generation of blower the tiburon app. uses, so i don't have to waste his time if it's that different (don't think gen IV and gen V are too different anyways)

2) what he's found to be the max RPM to spin one at. possibly in relation to boost.

3) what kind of improvements will porting give us (even though i don't see TOO much possibility here, he'd know)

4) if he'll offer his polishing/powdercoating services to us, or possibly develop parts, etc for us.

5) ????

not quite sure to ask him, as i've never been to technically informed on this stuff, i'm just getting going in the world of making your car faster than stock. post here so i can ask your question, he said he'll tell me anything i need to know, so brainstorm on this one, i'll only be calling him once, unless he wants to produce stuff for us, in that case he's in florida...

here is his website, VERY impressive list of products

·
Registered
683 Posts
TB spacer or SC spacer benificial?? Nitrous effect on blades, hell as well as alky, see if he has any stories to tell. Injector/boost relationship. As well as spark plug temp recomndations as far as boost is concsrned.
(This all might not apply since it is a different motor, but i am sure there are some similarities.)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I would like to know what his experiences are with water/alky injection in relation to the lifetime of the blower...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good thoughts guys, i added his website above, but i'd stay away from flooding him with e-mails, he wanted me to call him so i could discuss what i wanted to know with him. i figure he won't want to be answering the same Q's all the time, so post your Q's here and i'll ask him ALL of them

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Do you have an address on that shop. There is a warehouse district place bout 10 minutes of my house, and it looks like he might be located in there somewhere. The old car tuning place went to was in there. Let me know if you can find an address.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
BlackLine said:
it says they are from ft. lauderdale
Yeah, I saw that, and that's what got me thinking that they were by these shops that I go to. There is a car show every friday night at this one place, and the warehouses are rght next door. I know there are a lot of car tuning places in there, just wondering if that was one of them.

Ok, I found the address, and they are pretty much where I thought. Vita, if you need someone to go over there for whatever, if you get them interested and want to see a local car or something, let me know. I can PM you my cell number if you would like. Let me know. It's only about 15-20 mins away depending on traffic.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blue04RedLine said:
Yeah, I saw that, and that's what got me thinking that they were by these shops that I go to. There is a car show every friday night at this one place, and the warehouses are rght next door. I know there are a lot of car tuning places in there, just wondering if that was one of them.

Ok, I found the address, and they are pretty much where I thought. Vita, if you need someone to go over there for whatever, if you get them interested and want to see a local car or something, let me know. I can PM you my cell number if you would like. Let me know. It's only about 15-20 mins away depending on traffic.
if you feel like going over there with a list of Q's from here, it'd be nice to show him what we're looking at, maybe he'll develop an interest in the car and get a full header/exhaust made, and start to work on upgrades too. he takes his business VERY seriously, and makes awesome power with the tiburons, and their N/A stock. with his experience with the blower, i'd hope he'd want to get us going. he does a lot of porting work, and offers staged upgrades on the intakes. he might even work on an intercooler upgrade. stop by him. i'll send you his number if you want

·
Registered
541 Posts
unknownsuperhero said:
TB spacer or SC spacer benificial?? Nitrous effect on blades, hell as well as alky, see if he has any stories to tell. Injector/boost relationship. As well as spark plug temp recomndations as far as boost is concsrned.
(This all might not apply since it is a different motor, but i am sure there are some similarities.)

From what I understand you don't want to use N2O before the SC, and on our cars in specific, wet systems only!!

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Vita said:
if you feel like going over there with a list of Q's from here, it'd be nice to show him what we're looking at, maybe he'll develop an interest in the car and get a full header/exhaust made, and start to work on upgrades too. he takes his business VERY seriously, and makes awesome power with the tiburons, and their N/A stock. with his experience with the blower, i'd hope he'd want to get us going. he does a lot of porting work, and offers staged upgrades on the intakes. he might even work on an intercooler upgrade. stop by him. i'll send you his number if you want
Sure, send me the stuff. I'll keep watching this thread, cuz I'm currently in Orlando, bringing my girl up to college (yeah, she's young, but I'm only 19). I'll be back to Ft. Lauderdale on Monday, and could head over there this week with my friend Blue N Boosted. We could see if we could ineterest him in the car itself. Let me know which questions, and I'll try to get them answered.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i guess just follow this thread for Q's to ask, it's even better that you can stop by, as if he gets ANY interest in this car, we could be set for a lot of quality performance upgrades, as he likes to go all out as can be seen at newtiburon.com, and he does powdercoating and polishing for intake manifolds and the blowers on top of porting and polishing stuff. like i said, i believe he's produced the fastest tiburons on the streets, and they've started to break 12's. it'd cost us much less since we've already got a leg up having the blower already, and an engine built to handle boost.

let take him for a spin and try and talk him into it, let him know the aftermarket is virtually non-existant, and that we're hungry for power. that might get him going...

make sure to post here to let us know, keep the questions coming guys, check out his site too.

ask him if he'll make a 3" header/catback setup. ask what he thinks about the intercooler (laminova air/water) and if we can upgrade it. ask about headwork and porting the blower. ask about bigger throttle bodies mated to the blower/bigger intake to match. this on top of the questions above and below.

might be best to just wait and let people post more Q's, then print it out and let him see this

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just so you guys realize what a job this guy does, and for the fact that his website isn't up to date really (has the wife do it i guess), you can see his work with pics here. very nice work he does, check out the "house of power cars" thread, some nice engine bays in there. mine'll be all polished up eventually, no powdercoating for me (maybe some black).

i really think we gotta get this guy on our side here, i'm already finding out if i can get my hands on his icebox/heat exchanger combo to see if i can rig it up to our cars, hopefully it'll work, as it would add a seperate heat exchanger w/fan to our car, as well as an icebox. good stuff danial san

1 - 12 of 12 Posts