Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Not bad, I'm a big fan of the '5-star' style one though. Like the stockers but a little thinner spokes maybe...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
please tell me that that is not a photoshop, a really good photoshop.

what kind and how much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
5 Spoke Wheel Option

Sp00ner said:
Not bad, I'm a big fan of the '5-star' style one though. Like the stockers but a little thinner spokes maybe...
I'll be picking up my '5-star' style spokes soon (hopefully) :) . They were the only 5 x 110 (w. the offset for our brake calipers) that my local customizer had available without special order.

They're only 17" (still seems big to me) as my Saturn dealer threw in a set of winter tires which were promptly installed when I bought the vehicle a month ago (good thing, too, since I live in the "Great White North"). Also, I was concerned that using a larger wheel than what the car was validated for could cause risk to the suspension (ok, the primary reason is that I'm cheap... ;) ).

Here's a picture of the rims I purchased on Thursday for the summer tires. They are American Eagle MSR Series 190 and should fit into the stock tires. Let me know what you think. The price I paid (including our 15% tax, installation and caliper painting) was $644 (Canadian, about $458.39 USD before taxes).

The rims arrived yesterday, but I wasn't able to get away from the office in time; therefore, I plan to have them installed on Monday. It will be fun to see if I can tell a difference in performance with the summer Dunlops. I'll try to get out a picture so that you can see what they look like when installed. Any suggestions for caliper colour? I toyed around with the idea of blue or gold, but think that I'll stick with the standard red.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,070 Posts
Icon said:
I'll be picking up my '5-star' style spokes soon (hopefully) :) . They were the only 5 x 110 (w. the offset for our brake calipers) that my local customizer had available without special order.

They're only 17" (still seems big to me) as my Saturn dealer threw in a set of winter tires which were promptly installed when I bought the vehicle a month ago (good thing, too, since I live in the "Great White North"). Also, I was concerned that using a larger wheel than what the car was validated for could cause risk to the suspension (ok, the primary reason is that I'm cheap... ;) ).

Here's a picture of the rims I purchased on Thursday for the summer tires. They are American Eagle MSR Series 190 and should fit into the stock tires. Let me know what you think. The price I paid (including our 15% tax, installation and caliper painting) was $644 (Canadian, about $458.39 USD before taxes).

The rims arrived yesterday, but I wasn't able to get away from the office in time; therefore, I plan to have them installed on Monday. It will be fun to see if I can tell a difference in performance with the summer Dunlops. I'll try to get out a picture so that you can see what they look like when installed. Any suggestions for caliper colour? I toyed around with the idea of blue or gold, but think that I'll stick with the standard red.

They look good but how heavy are they?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
MSR 190 Wheel Weight = 21 lbs.

According to the web site (http://www.aewheel.com/msr/wheels_detail.cfm?id=228), the shipping weight is 21 lbs. (same thing as unsprung weight?). Is that heavy? I've a complete novice at vehicle modification and have never made any changes to any vehicles before. The Red Line seems to have possessed to me... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
I like tiny 5-spoke's too. The kind that whenever you're moving it just looks like you're riding on black circles with rotors in the middle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Icon said:
I'll be picking up my '5-star' style spokes soon (hopefully) :) . They were the only 5 x 110 (w. the offset for our brake calipers) that my local customizer had available without special order.

They're only 17" (still seems big to me) as my Saturn dealer threw in a set of winter tires which were promptly installed when I bought the vehicle a month ago (good thing, too, since I live in the "Great White North"). Also, I was concerned that using a larger wheel than what the car was validated for could cause risk to the suspension (ok, the primary reason is that I'm cheap... ;) ).

Here's a picture of the rims I purchased on Thursday for the summer tires. They are American Eagle MSR Series 190 and should fit into the stock tires. Let me know what you think. The price I paid (including our 15% tax, installation and caliper painting) was $644 (Canadian, about $458.39 USD before taxes).

The rims arrived yesterday, but I wasn't able to get away from the office in time; therefore, I plan to have them installed on Monday. It will be fun to see if I can tell a difference in performance with the summer Dunlops. I'll try to get out a picture so that you can see what they look like when installed. Any suggestions for caliper colour? I toyed around with the idea of blue or gold, but think that I'll stick with the standard red.
Wow, that's cheap! Not too sure where you are but will they ship to Calgary?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Wheel Source

campbell said:
Wow, that's cheap! Not too sure where you are but will they ship to Calgary?
I'm not sure what the site rules are for listing vendors is... , but here it goes:

Auto Accessory Zone
(905)-666-9898
311 Hopkins St., Whitby, ON, L1N 2C1
Contact: Rob Nicholls

It's my first time dealing with them (and for that matter, any custom car shop), but they have been both friendly and knowledgable so far. I've also asked Rob to quote me both the Grill for protecting the intercooler, and the K&N Cold Air Intake.

As for shipping to Calgary, Auto Accessory Zone appears to be a local car shop, so I'm not sure that they could help you, although it doesn't hurt to call.

BTW, thanks for the validation, I worked pretty hard (in essence, having dealerships bid to get my business) to get a good price on the RLI, so I really like knowing that I get a good deal. Now if only there was a cheap way to get the grill kit and cold air intake...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Icon said:
I'm not sure what the site rules are for listing vendors is... , but here it goes:

Auto Accessory Zone
(905)-666-9898
311 Hopkins St., Whitby, ON, L1N 2C1
Contact: Rob Nicholls

It's my first time dealing with them (and for that matter, any custom car shop), but they have been both friendly and knowledgable so far. I've also asked Rob to quote me both the Grill for protecting the intercooler, and the K&N Cold Air Intake.

As for shipping to Calgary, Auto Accessory Zone appears to be a local car shop, so I'm not sure that they could help you, although it doesn't hurt to call.

BTW, thanks for the validation, I worked pretty hard (in essence, having dealerships bid to get my business) to get a good price on the RLI, so I really like knowing that I get a good deal. Now if only there was a cheap way to get the grill kit and cold air intake...

Thanks! I think I will give them a call.

Campbell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
MSR 190 on Stock Tires

While I like the look of the 18"s & 19"s, I'm not I would like the look on my wife's face when I told her how much they cost ;) . Anyway, here's the what the 17" MSR 190 Rims look like on my car. Personally, I'm really happy with the way they turned out; much more aggressive than I had originaly thought.

The manager of the place that installed the wheels recommends lowering the suspension (anyone know how much this costs?) next as well as replacing the rest of the plastic grill mesh (he just installed one in front of the intercooler for me). So there you go, my first modification! Let me know what you think...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Nice Icon. Now you just need to slam that fucker with some lowering springs and you're all set!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Have you noticed any performance losses with the new rims?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Sweet I Like Em, I Still Have Stock But Want Different Ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
wish they were bigger....lol
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top