Votes: 23 41.8%

Votes: 3 5.5%

Votes: 4 7.3%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm posting up a bunch of my gauge designs to see what one everyone likes best to get done. so here ya go

GET VOTING!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I realize this doesn't answer the question, but these look horrible! Why are they all backlit in blue? What font is that? I think the stock ones are just right.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I agree, the stock ones look better.

Between those, 3 looks best. The font for RPM looks way out of place, try using the font as you did for Red Line.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The only thing I like about those gauges would be the redline symbol, and the saturn symbol in the background of the speedo only. Not crazy about the other fonts and colors used though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think 2 or 5 looks tons better than the stock. Come on guys we want options. 3 is too plain for me, but at least its different. Don't come into the poll saying you want stock....that makes no sense lol. And these are just some designs, everyone has the option to post what they want, but time will eventually run out.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
5 is sweet, but my second choice would be #2, and i agree the font should all match, preferably using the redline font like in #5

·
Registered
808 Posts
# 5 font should match the redline

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here is a pic from blackcatcustoms of what our numbers can look like....

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THAT WAS THE FONT I WAS TRYING TO MIMMIC FOR THE NUMBERS!!!! Also call me retarded but I just relized that the font on the RPM wasn't the same hahaha I'll go ahead and fix it. only thing is I am at work right now and I won't be able to change it till i get home. I agree with all of you when I say the RPM should match the redline font. However if I am not mistaken the font i used (blade runner) doesn't have numbers in it. I'll double check into it but I think thats why I had a diff font there. I'll see what I can do though from here.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok Every Take Another Look At #5 I Changed The Font And Added Ion On It But Ion Can Be Removed If No One Likes It Just Put It There And Kinda Liked It But Everyone Relook At It And Tell Me What You Think And What You Want Added Or Deleted

·
Registered
266 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, yea I still can't believe I didn't relize the font wasn't the same haha oh well fixed now. how does everyone else feel? Also like mentioned everyone else is free to put up there designs we don't have to pick mine

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I am not the artist that some of you are. So my suggestions are verbal. If you can realize them great.

First off what I liked. The option to have the Saturn emblem embossed in the back round is a good idea. I think some ppl could go for that. The "Redline" font in #5 is nice. Yes I agree that all the fonts should match.

One idea. Take #5. Center dial. Dark or light grey background (?) with subdued Saturn emblem overlayed. Have it so that it says "ION" centered and above the "redline". But don't put the line through the "ION". Possibly even say "ION QC3". The sides should only have the primary color as the background. Try different colors as well. Red for instance. OR, if possible have the colors on the speedo do a knight rider thing where it goes from green to yellow, orange and red as you go up in speed. Same with temp and oil.

Just my ideas. Can anyone visualize this?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I think i can do this........just curious at what speeds would you like the lettering to change colors? That may be to much for some people I was keeping it as clean as possible, however like I said i will incorparate everyones ideas. The reason for the blue lettings as asked before that was just to throw of course if you guys want another color JUST SAY SO!!! LoL, I'm not to found of putting ION QC3, its a redline not QC3 but thats just me anyone else like the idea I'll go ahead and do it. Again for the background color I want my gauges to be blue for those who want different colors same design not a problem. Hell when I get the chance I'll change it to do a red one. unfortunatly I am at work and can only do very little at a time. Sorry guys but speak up and I'll do as much as I can I am here to serv your ideas and turn them into a visual product not to force my options on you :) Also my reasoning for not putting on above the redline word in the middle since I did think of this was because I wanted to even out the design as much as I could. Again if this is how you guys want it just tell me but I did want to explain why there was some stuff I didn't do and why i did it the way I did.

·
Registered
808 Posts
definitly no qc3 but i like the change, and the lights changing color would be cool too.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Since this is an overlay you really can't have the colors changing as the speed goes up. Unless you mean to permantly keep the color that way. Let me know if you guys still would like this cause I can do it.

Also once the votes cast you can't change it unfortunately but if needed we can go ahead and create another poll. let me know what you guys would like to do

1 - 20 of 49 Posts