Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Las Vegas

I have a 2006 Redline I would like some help setting price on.

Black
ZZP liquid innercooler
ZZP mount
60#/hr injectors
ZZP pulley supercharger
Factory boost/shift gauge
ZZP tune/ECM

The exhaust is aftermarket, but I am not sure by who.

I got the car in a trade and has past through 2 owners since guy that had all the parts added. The claim is that it has a ZZP engine, but unlike the parts listed above, I CANNOT verify that. I would lean towards being a stock engine because it has a stock intake. Seems to me that if all the parts were added including an engine, the intake would also be upgraded.

Just had the ECM and ignition replaced last week. Car has been running in over 2 years. It does now and is very fast and fun to drive.

Had an aftermarket stereo that was removed by someone before I got it. I replaced with a factory unit, but all speakers are still missing.

Tires need replaced as they are dry rotted from sitting so long in Las Vegas weather.

Clutch feels good.
Brakes feel good.
Car has a few scratches and front facsia has a crack.
All power options (other than radio) work as they should.
Leather seats in great condition.
All glass in good shape.

So my question is, what should I try and get out of it?

Should I replace the timing chain? Or leave to next owner? I have GM sets on shelf. I could make it a part of the sale I guess of next owner wants to see it done or proof.

Or should I sell all the parts and put it back to stock?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Are you capable of doing the timing chain yourself? I feel like you can.
Id start high at 3500 without it done or 4500 with it done. Leave it up to the buyer. Lower mileage southern car should bring a fair amount

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am. I rebuild Ecotec engines here in Las Vegas. But most assume that car sellers lie to achieve the best price.

I usually charge $350 to replace timing set. Add $50 for GM parts. Add $150 to do rear set and the water pump.

I just did an LSJ engine for a guy that wanted Wossner pistons. Ouch! Those are expensive. I was under the impression that stock GM pistons are pretty stout and good for 300+ HP. 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Pistons are yes. Rods depends on the motor.
Lsjs can handle the ball park of 500 give or take depending on tune

1 - 4 of 4 Posts